Running Bear's March 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all,

Coffee and a double corned beef hash with scrambled eggs this morning...Thanks Francine!

Power supply should be here tomorrow!!!! Yeah! I expected to be able to get onto the wiring until I was reminded that I'll have a couple of the grand kids ALL afternoon as they have a half day of school and then are off next week for spring break. Best laid plans.....

Planning the next step with the truck since I know it should be good for the next year or so. I have priced the engine from GM and then had Jasper shoot me a price on the same engine....Jasper wants over $1000 than I can get a new engine from GM with the same warranty (3 year\100,000 miles) and then still have to pay to have it installed. Then I have to figure if the truck is worth the $5,000+ to put an engine in. Fortunately I have time......And the truck is in otherwise great shape for being 11 years old. Hopefully Publisher's Clearing House will come through as Lottery won't. On a side note, has anyone actually known a PCH winner?

One for the crowd:

6924bc7db5b11326faa73cf70fe631cb.jpg

Good Morning All. 65° and a bit hazy this morning.Temperature reached 87° here yesterday, supposed to be a bit warmer today. Tomorrow the high is predicted at 60°, cloudy and the first of eight days of rain, although they will all be warmer than tomorrow. Finished mowing a majority of the yard yesterday, some that really wasn't ready but I need to get ahead of the impending rain. Today is the weekly grocery/beer trek, should be a fun-filled event.

A couple of sunny side-up eggs and a stack of sausage patties for me this morning Flo.

Thanks for the likes and comments yesterday regarding the townspeople; Patrick, Jerome, Guy, Joe, Bill, Sherrel, Phil, Chet, Curt, Garry, Chad.

Another short day in the train shed yesterday. I found a #4 switch elsewhere that wasn't being used right now and I tied in the two new spurs. Next step is nailing down the track and testing. Meanwhile over by the casket manufacturer, I roughed in the additional paved area and will get out the concrete paint today.
How about a few more townspeople.
03-12-20 005.JPG

03-12-20 003.JPG

03-12-20 001.JPG

Beady - I didn't know that your significant other had so many tattoos! :cool:
Sherrel - I think that I have around 800 figures on the layout itself. Most were hand painted by me. I have another 300 or so painted but not positioned and another 200 yet to be painted. Vehicles number near 400, but I do not have enough of them. I especially need more pickup trucks as that is the predominant vehicle in my era and locale.

Everybody have a great day.

Good morning everyone. 56 and partly cloudy. I'll have scrambled eggs, crisp bacon, and coffee, please, Flo.

Chad, Iron Belt Ken, Texas Hobo, Garry, Chet, Flip, Sherrel, Greg, Robots, Boris, Wheeler, Karl, Patrick, Willie, and anyone I may have missed - thanks for the likes and comments on my post yesterday.
Willie - nice detail in your people. You paint most of those? I haven't gotten into painting figures yet, but may one of these days.

Not much to report from the train room today. Ran trains for only a little while last night. Here's an archive photo of one of the four farms on the layout.
Farm#1_2.jpg

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning y'all. Cloudy and rainy morning in Central Jersey.
Willie, Johnny and Patrick: Nice photos, nice work. Keep it up.
Dave: That's a good plan. also a good use of Amazon packaging ;).

I have two projects on the agenda, for the day. One is the master bedroom toilet. Needs a new flush valve, and I have now gathered all the Kohler parts needed, so all I need is motivation. Second project is a layout module that will also have the DCC stuff on it. Have pretty much everything I need for that also. Again, just need the motivation.

MIL is not doing well, yesterday was the first time a physician actually used the "D" word for her condition. Her mental state, can best described as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Physically, she keeps developing infections. There is no good outcome from this.

49559298291_59222dcd44_o(1).jpg
Fuel Pad at Conway, (PA) Yard during the early PC era.
Journal Square March 2020.jpg

Journal Square, in Jersey City, earlier this month. PATH Train on what was once the Jersey City Main, ehile the NS power and train are on the P&H Branch.

Good Morning Everyone....overcast and damp here in Wisconsin. Maybe thunderstorms later.

Just returned rom Walthers after stocking up on basic model supplies that I am getting low on so now I'm prepared to stay in my home for the duration of the Corona Virus problem if necessary. I needed ground covers, Bondene and Exacto blades to name a few items. Walthers was slow other than myself and two other customers.

Sad to watch the Stock Market fall through the floor. I know the Market always rebounds, but what will be the effects of the current problems have on the short term is unknown at this time.

Never made down to the trains yesterday. Too busy with other things.

After lunch I got to get to work on the train projects. Going to decide if I'll replace the wheel sets on that troublesome SD-39. I was given a bunch of replacements from Proto just before Walthers acquired the company. I'll let her run awhile and see if she derails and then decide about the wheel sets.

That's all for now....

Greg

###################

Afternoon All,

Did inside chores today. Tomorrow is the Sub Vets breakfast followed by Kathy's 62nd birthday family get together of a late lunch followed by banana pudding (her favorite) at the house. Hard to believe she was 20 when we got married...where has the time gone?

Patrick- Nice collection of GN diesels.

Willie- Nice looking buildings and details.

Terry- At least a little progress. I hope your wife is doing better.

Johnny- Nice farm scene. The cow in the foreground looks like it's getting ready to produce a cow pie!

Joe- Nice photos. I'm sorry to hear of your continuing medical issues with MIL.

Sherrel- Here we learn to appreciate hurricane misses!

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good afternoon all. Today was yard work day. Did get a little operating time yesterday. I have a order for some track and bridge which will be used to connect 2 sidings. This should help to allow trains going in opposite directions.
A couple of photos of a trestle I built under the interchange track.
Trestle - 5.jpg
Trestle - 13.jpg

Well, the cruise was cancelled today when Princess shut down for two months. We're pretty good at turning on a dime, though, and are still leaving tomorrow for Disneyworld. Meanwhile, Princess is offering us either a 100% cash refund, or a future cruise worth 225% of what we've already paid. I immediately called our travel agent and booked a 14-day Caribbean cruise for next March. Our October cruise to Bermuda is still on. Btw, plan C is to head west to the Grand Canyon.

Sorry about the motorcycle; I just couldn't resist.
FB_IMG_1581783482292.jpg

Well, the cruise was cancelled today when Princess shut down for two months. We're pretty good at turning on a dime, though, and are still leaving tomorrow for Disneyworld. Meanwhile, Princess is offering us either a 100% cash refund, or a future cruise worth 225% of what we've already paid. I immediately called our travel agent and booked a 14-day Caribbean cruise for next March. Our October cruise to Bermuda is still on. Btw, plan C is to head west to the Grand Canyon.

Sorry about the motorcycle; I just couldn't resist.View attachment 45053

Not to rain on your Disney vaca, But I heard Disney and Universal are shutting down this weekend.

Not to rain on your Disney vaca, But I heard Disney and Universal are shutting down this weekend.
Yup already saw it. Plan C was to be the Grand Canyon, but the weather looks like it's going to suck. Same for San Diego, where our younger son lives. We're still traveling tomorrow (Friday); our niece and her family live in Dayton and it was always our plan to stop off and deliver the Christmas presents we didn't get to give them. After that, we'll play it by ear.

God, I'm depressed.
FB_IMG_1584037663258.jpg
FB_IMG_1582723937595.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back