Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. -6 to start off the day. We got dumped on again, but thankfully, there's no wind. Yesterday my son plowed about 8" of snow that had built up over the past few days. We're getting nickled and dimed with a few inches of snow every day. It's a good thing he did plow as we got an additional 5 inches over night. I was supposed to go to the sleep center at the hospital to pick up some equipment to test for sleep apnea this morning. That ain't gonna happen.

I am over winter.

Dave - You can keep the snow drifts. If we get any wind, the light powder snow we have will have us drifted in in no time. Like the photo you posted. That background you installed is awesome.

Louis - We also like Costco coffee. Always have some on hand, but if we see an interesting coffee while shopping we'll puck it up and give it a try.

Garry -
That slide is a mess. I can understand how it will take so long for the clean up.

I think it will be a nice day to spend down in the train room.

Here's a rail picture for today.

coles_bay_to_grumant_railroadabandoned-railroad-that-connects-coles-bay-to-grumantbyen-svalbard.jpg

Later

Good morning. -6 to start off the day. We got dumped on again, but thankfully, there's no wind. Yesterday my son plowed about 8" of snow that had built up over the past few days. We're getting nickled and dimed with a few inches of snow every day. It's a good thing he did plow as we got an additional 5 inches over night. I was supposed to go to the sleep center at the hospital to pick up some equipment to test for sleep apnea this morning. That ain't gonna happen.

I am over winter.

Dave - You can keep the snow drifts. If we get any wind, the light powder snow we have will have us drifted in in no time. Like the photo you posted. That background you installed is awesome.

Louis - We also like Costco coffee. Always have some on hand, but if we see an interesting coffee while shopping we'll puck it up and give it a try.

Garry -
That slide is a mess. I can understand how it will take so long for the clean up.

I think it will be a nice day to spend down in the train room.

Here's a rail picture for today.

View attachment 34705

Later
FB_IMG_1551038377483.jpg

A citified friend and his tween son came to spend a few summer days when we lived in rural Vermont. While driving through some farmland, we passed through an area that had just been fertilized. The son asked that I roll up the windows and turn on the ac because it stunk outside. I laughed, explained that it was just the smell of old food on new food, and drove on.

BTW, have you ever considered that "organically grown" means that it was grown in shit?

PS: Don't wash your hands, lick your fingers. Your immune system will thank you.

You are a true Character!

There are a few reasons why I don't eat organic food and you stated one of the reasons.

I spent many hours playing in a swamp as a boy, my immune system is just fine, thank you.

Nah. Toilet paper

BEADY - That probably would be one of the first on my list!

TERRY - I am still trying to picture your recent episode, but think I will just try and remove it from my mind - not sure if I really want to know?

WILLIE - My BIL has had two CRV's for 289k miles, and the current 174k. Didn't take a lot of arm twisting for me to go that route. Kind of wished it had been a 2014 (last year made for 4 down towing), but this ones so clean and with the low milage - just could not walk away from it. Have to look for a tow package now!

I will refrain from talking much about the weather today - supposed to be 63 thereabouts - and sunny.
Coffee is calling again?

Chet have you tried the Kirkland 100% Columbian coffee from Costco? I love it and it comes in a 3lb can!
1551107856448.png

Amazon sent me to Baltimore to make deliveries yesterday, that meant not much driving, but more stops. My legs are tired from making 39 stops in 2 hours, but at least they paid me for 4 hours.

I'm going to put my feet up, rest my legs and watch a movie on Netflix.

Maybe I can check in at lunch time.

In the mean time, Have a great day Everybody!

Good Morning Everyone....clear and cold here in Wisconsin and the winds died down. In the middle of the night the front screen door was blowing in the wind and the door is in a protected location. Looks like some snow everyday this week.

Never made it to the basement yesterday, but today's another story. I have to paint the rail sides on the area that I ballasted. I think a micro-brush and Rail Brown will work.

I was thinking about building the frame work for my expansion in the garage as soon as it gets warmer. There's several cases of old wine in bottles that needs to be dumped. I have no idea how old the bottles are but each bottle I know been in the basement for at least 10 years. Any ideas?

Willie: I did as you suggested and installed several utility poles in the centers of the under the track magnetic uncouplers to allow the engineers to spot their cars. Now, I need to find out if the engineers can see the cars and their locomotive due to a building being in the line of sight.

Chet: The MD's wanted me to do a sleep study, but I never sleep well or sleep at all in a strange place for at least several nights. So we ruled out a hospital setting....maybe at home...let's see.

On John Allen's complex layout, how did Allen handle uncoupling cars with the Baker couplers?

Dave: Again a great photograph of your layout. I like the rocks along the right of way ballast.

Bruette: I knew of a contract sewer cleaner who would run his sewer auger while kneeing in sewer water and then eat his lunch at the same time. He lived a long life, sold his business and retired. Sometimes he would ask me to "borrow" a cigarette and help himself to one of my cigarettes with the dirtiest hands I even seen. I kept a pack with only two cigarettes just for those occasions. Thank goodness he didn't asked for a light. In spite of his hi-gene, he was a great guy.

I have a three foot stretch of track to be ballasted. I think I'll use a different enabled of ballast to simulate an area where there track has been replaced. I'll paint the sides of the rial maybe a rusty color.

I have to trouble shoot my spell check. The program is missing mis-spelled words or changing words???

Later..........

Greg

DM&IR Caboose.jpg

A DM&IR caboose a custom painted BB.

Chet have you tried the Kirkland 100% Columbian coffee from Costco? I love it and it comes in a 3lb can!
View attachment 34707
We have. We buy the whole bean coffee in bags and get a different coffee bean when we start to get low. That's what I am drinking right now.

Greg - The study will be done at home. They have some equipment for me to take home and will instruct me how to use it. I like Beadys post. When I had the rotator surgery a few years ago I had to wear a stupid sling that had a cushion that held the arm out from the body. There was a battle every night with that thing.

Well, it turned outto be a vain hope...
It’s now 50, with wind gusts into the high 20s/low 30s.
I received a traffic alert that I 40 is closed in bot directions at milepost 7 in Western North Carolina due to a landslide.
Hopefully it will be cleared and the road reopened soon. I’ve had to travel the detour, and it adds 120 miles to the trip.
I’ll refrain from further comment about the discovery, other than yes, I’ve also handled worse, but it is something I expect to find in a toilet rather than a model train.

LOUIS/CHET ... Wife and I both have several favorites of coffee, and we drink several cups all day long.
We have a Keurig that we use ALBERTSONs store brand in two flavors: French Dark Roast and Italian Dark Roast.
YUBAN dark roast tops the list for the coffee pot.
Then there is our KIRKLAND that Louis put up there.
I love the smell of freshly ground coffee beans - just that it grinds my teeth to pay the price!
Used to bring back Kona from the Islands when I flew there - WOW, that was a while ago: 23 and counting!

Temperature here just reached 62°, with southerly winds around 18 mph. That should dry things out a bit. May have to get the shorts back out. So glad that I never have to shovel sunshine off the steps. Of course, I am getting back all of the debris that blew away Saturday night.

Temperature here just reached 62°, with southerly winds around 18 mph. That should dry things out a bit. May have to get the shorts back out. So glad that I never have to shovel sunshine off the steps. Of course, I am getting back all of the debris that blew away Saturday night.
See my post immediately above yours.

Afternoon All,

Did some chores earlier and then finished scraping of ground cover for the roads and parking on the siding. I don't have enough W/S Asphalt paint to do the entire job so Saturday I'll head down to the LHS and get another tube of it.

I usually have 2 cups of coffee a day. Green Mountain Light in the morning and Light Decaf in the afternoon.

Chet- Cool video and passenger train.

Terry- That's disgusting.

Willie- I'm with you on the trees. I tried my hand on them and they looked like crap.

Dave- Nice layout shot.

Garry- Sorry to hear about your MIL.

Greg- Nice looking caboose.

I hope everyone has a good night.

SHERREL Today at 2pm on direct tv ch 345 RFDTV, Trains & Locomotives, they have a program about the FRISCO 1522. I/we all know how you feel about the Frisco Line.
Dave in PV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back