Running Bear's December 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to hear many of you like the pictures. That is why I share the ones I find.

Baltimore's "Block"
1544259288731.png

We don't have a "house of the rising son", but we do have the block.

Afternoon All,

I've been feeling kinda blah all day. Being stationed at Pearl for 14 years the attack there is always present in the back of your mind. I finished the ice house roof and I'm currently trying to figure out options to change the plastic hand rails on the TT bridge to metal after laying wood planking on it and redoing the operator shack.
Louis- Great historical photos from you. I bet you're happy to have a train running.

View attachment 32362

I used 1x10 scale lumber cut to 12' scale length

View attachment 32363

View attachment 32364

I hope everyone has a good night.

Thanks for your service Curt, forgive me for overlooking such an important day, "a date which will live in infamy" I hope the "blah" passes quickly.

Today's Army - Navy game, win or lose should brighten your spirits. It's a fantastic spectacle no matter who wins. My daughter and son-in-law met in the Army and I owe my grandson to the Army, but I've been a Navy fan all my life.

Don't look at won - loss records. This rivalry has produced more than 1 upset! I don't follow college football, but I won't miss this game!

Great work, I love the pictures you post.

You made a good bet, I am ecstatic to have trains running! I have 2 up and running, 2 more close to running before Christmas day.

I have open floor space in my train room now, enough for a train and another Christmas tree! A few more days of shuffling/sorting boxes and I will have even more. After Christmas I am going to devote even more time to my train room!

Good morning Everybody!

I had another productive day yesterday and no cramps last night, I slept like a baby.

A little tired and sore this morning, but not much more than usual.

I'm hoping for another productive day!

1544262782569.png

You got to love a holiday called the festival of lights!
1544263106627.png

Enjoy the Holidays Everybody!

Evening, all.

It having been a while since we've been out for a movie, DairyStateMom suggested we check out "The Old Man and The Gun," with Robert Redford tonight. Just got back, and I gotta say, I haven't enjoyed a movie so much in a long time. Highly recommended. Of course, I expect YMMV, but we loved it.

Have s good night, all...

YMMV? When will I ever be up to speed on these abbreviations? Oh, that's right, NEVER! I'm going to withhold my weather information from you this morning, for no other reason than, I really don't have a good reason, other than: Weather is what weather does!

Last edited by a moderator:
YMMV? When will I ever be up to speed on these abbreviations? Oh, that's right, NEVER! I'm going to withhold my weather information from you this morning, for no other reason than, I really don't have a good reason, other than: Weather is what weather does!
Your Mileage May Vary

Good morning.....Train show today,nice day for it.

Mike thanks for the info I'm ordering 1943.4141 will be next when it come out.

I already have #1943 on pre-order, and im trying to decide if I want to add #4141 to list, or is it I want it because of the events of the week. I have to be careful because I have a funny hunch ScaleTrains is going to announce Dash9s. If that's the case then they will get most of my hobby allowance this year. I do still have some N scale stuff held back to help offset the 4-6 that I will order. Got a few more weeks to decide.

I already have #1943 on pre-order, and im trying to decide if I want to add #4141 to list, or is it I want it because of the events of the week. I have to be careful because I have a funny hunch ScaleTrains is going to announce Dash9s. If that's the case then they will get most of my hobby allowance this year. I do still have some N scale stuff held back to help offset the 4-6 that I will order. Got a few more weeks to decide.
I'm thinking of getting the non sound I can always add it later,I want them for display mostly.
I'm hoping they do the AC4400 that's my favorite.

Good Morning All. 37° and overcast, but the rain has temporarily stopped. It's actually been a slow drizzle since yesterday morning, I have about .75" in the rain gauge. Another miserable day in store today before the precipitation ceases around sunset. High today is only supposed to reach 38°, rather brisk 10 mph wind from the north right now. It may reach freezing tonight. Upper 50's Monday-Tuesday and back into the 60's by Wednesday. That should make up for Mark's weather boycott.
Due to the weather yesterday, the only outdoor activity that I got was taking my daily one mile walk during a rain break right after noon; that and the endless trips to bring in firewood for the wood-burning heater. OK, do the trips back and forth to the train shed count as activity? That's 100' each way!
Regarding the train shed, another day of no projects yesterday except to deal with some cars that had made it to the RIP track for inspection. All minor stuff like drooping couplers on two cars, a broken ladder on another, a "leaner" that needed truck adjustments and two ScaleTrains engines that I changed to Kadee couplers from their stock, somewhat useless ones. They are not magnetically operable (no trip pins) and they don't play well with Kadee's. I had already done this to another pair shortly after purchasing them. Switched cars in two more towns and ran a few through trains.

Louis - Congratulations on having a train running, finally. That will take away some of the holiday stress. Have you run out of Baltimore photos? You're now down to the bawdy side of town. LOL Watch for the special guest coin-tosser at the Army-Navy game today, hint: it won't be Catherine Pugh!
Chet - That is a really nice rail picture from yesterday.
Curt - Nice job on the ice house roof, and the whole structure as well.
Greg - I have a question regarding your purchase of the Walther's metal wheels. Are they really Proto 2000 or are they just the newer Proto version? I really liked the P2K when LifeLike made them, but the Walther's Proto line look very toylike, they're just too bright and shiny. Nice scene with the engine house.
Phil - Good to see you posting this morning. I see that you have the new lingo down pretty well.

Along with today being National Brownie Day, for all the Catholics out there, it is Immaculate Conception Day. Seventeen more days until Christmas and Louis can quit holding his breath! :cool:o_O
Everybody have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 35.
We're waiting for Snowmageddon to start later today. Current local forecast is for 7-12" of snow, with up to a quarter inch of sleet and freezing rain mixed in. That will make for some very wet, very heavy snow, that is expected to bring down power lines all around the area. I've test run both generators, just in case, and we've moved up my wife's birthday lunch to today, rather than tomorrow, which is her birthday.
Yesterday afternoon, before I left work, I retractred all the slideouts on all the RVs on the lot, and moved several trailers out of the way, to clear the main parking area for plowing. Depending on how much snow we get, and maybe more importantly, how much ice we get, I'll be plowing the lot either Monday or Tuesday. I will drive in a limited amount of snow, but I don't drive on ice. Period.

For the curious, my plow vehicle is a 1972 Massey-Ferguson 135 tractor with a plow blade. It has been with the company since 1983, when it was purchased used to replace a Ford N model that was destroyed when the building caught fire and burned to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back