Mbta gp40mc!

I'm not counting rivets either.
In either event, I'm not seeing any cabin height problems at all.
Looking at the details and comparing sizes, best I can with all the photos given, I'm not seeing any problem at all.

It wasn't that I already have 2 GP units, an SD40-2 and a SD70ACe on the way, I might be inclined to get one as well.
Well.... maybe not in that pastel lavender paint scheme. I would much prefer Amtrak47's paint scheme.
E

Well I can for sure tell that it is not the same as in the photo of the prototypical model. There is a hump that comes down on top of the cab. Regardless the model looks good and is pretty close.

Very nice! I personally do not like the Geeps, I would rather have a fleet of now departed F40PHs but that is the best looking attempt at a GP40MC I have seen!

So what if the cab is wrong and maybe some other details, only a few will notice that anyways. For me personally I rather it be spot on for all details but that's how I am and working for the RR I became more of a rivet counter then before as I was looking at cars and locos day in and out and remember a lot of the details. But if someone is happy with what they have so be it as its a hobby to be enjoyed, while some have fun running old tyco trains, 3 rail lionel, etc I like accurate customized models with full blown electronics and all lights working and such, that's what I enjoy and that's what I do but I don't go saying that because others don't do it my way they are wrong. Ya I will say something is off if its a fake paint scheme on a close but not accurate model from a manufacturer but that's to warn buyers that the item is not accurate as in the past I was suckered into buying stuff like that and then over the years disposed of it and built accurate versions.

Back