The Forums seem quiet?

Her only ties to model railroading is that she got a big caboose...LOL

That's coincidental, I am remodeling a Caboose right now, maybe I could fit her in for an over haul :)

Tony, I think I want to move my family where you are if that can spare me having to hear or see or read anything about Kim (or any other) Kardashian....

There is more than one? But hey, if you want to move to where I am, go for it - we are virtually a TV Free Zone other than one or two programs.

As for the quiet forums... I can only speak for myself... October was just a killer month. Hoping to see some easing up on things so I have time to get back to the railroad and have something to show for the forum...[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Guys, I just want to clarify one thing and that is my question regarding the quiet forums, was with respect to he last few days. Seemed as though one day there were the usual X amount of posts and so on, and the next almost nothing. It just didn't seems normal.

That being said, it is interesting to hear about what people are doing outside of model railroading.

Tony I was thinking the same thing. I haven't watched TV in 20 years. So I relax with this forum, drudgereport.com and the radio. It seems like the topics are 'wanting' lately.

Maybe the lack of new topics is a sign of the times, fewer people are getting into the hobby; therefore, there are fewer questions being asked. Maybe people are just getting a little bored of the same thing/s being posted, no matter how good they may be, I don't know.

Hard to say Tony, I tend to float around a few forums and they are all slower for whatever reason. Time for me to hit the RR room, man what a mess I got going.

Everyone north of the Mason Dixon line has been busy shovelling snow.

Or, we are all in a state of shock over the sudden turn from a pleasant autumn to the depths of winter.

Anyway, I know we have at least 10 people building (documenting on our forum) new layouts and I am thankful for that participation, that is my favorite part of the forum.

lasm

I do the majority of my posting in the current Running Bear Coffee Shop thread, where most of my forum friends hang out. But sometimes I do post a question, or try to answer somebody's question [if I'm sure I have my facts straight].

When I'm really deep into a project - like ballasting all my track, or assembling a complicated structure kit - I don't have much time for posting, only lurking.

As for Kim Kardasian, her face jumps out at me from the tabloid covers every time I go thru the supermarket checkout line - can't seem to escape! [I've also noticed that Jennifer Anniston has been pregnant for the past 10 years...]

Last edited by a moderator:
People getting ready for winter and the holidays, Jeffrey doing PT, myself: two trains shows as a vendor (lots of work before during and after). I belong to a couple of slot racing forums and it's quiet on those too.

Hard to say Tony, I tend to float around a few forums and they are all slower for whatever reason. Time for me to hit the RR room, man what a mess I got going.

Sort of suggests a decline in the hobby. I guess only being a member here doesn't give me the insight across the board either.

Everyone north of the Mason Dixon line has been busy shovelling snow.

Or, we are all in a state of shock over the sudden turn from a pleasant autumn to the depths of winter.

Anyway, I know we have at least 10 people building (documenting on our forum) new layouts and I am thankful for that participation, that is my favorite part of the forum.

lasm

I live north of the Mason Dixon, and your absolutely right lasm. Your also right about seeing new layouts and what people are doing. That is my favorite part of the forums as well, that and trying to answer questions where I can.

I do the majority of my posting in the current Running Bear Coffee Shop thread, where most of my forum friends hang out. But sometimes I do post a question, or try to answer somebody's question [if I'm sure I have my facts straight].

When I'm really deep into a project - like ballasting all my track, or assembling a complicated structure kit - I don't have much time for posting, only lurking.

As for Kim Kardasian, her face jumps out at me from the tabloid covers every time I go thru the supermarket checkout line - can't seem to escape! [I've also noticed that Jennifer Anniston has been pregnant for the past 10 years...]

I too immerse myself in what it is I am doing, hence very few pictures of my progress. I start something and work at it until it is completed, then post about it. The only exception to that is the caboose I am trying to re model, and that is due to waiting for things to dry or turn up.

I don't think anyone really wants to know my opinion on these so called TV people. What the hell, just a bunch of self centered vain and egotistical wanna be's who resort to the most mundane things (pushed for by desperate housewives and second rate tabloids) just to stay known. Now we are faced with idiotic reality rubbish. What ever happened to good decent TV where things that were shown were meaningful, relatable or genuinely funny? Stupid question really as your probably not old enough to remember those days :)

"Sort of suggests a decline in the hobby. I guess only being a member here doesn't give me the insight across the board either."

Since I found this forum I pretty much dont bother with the others, cant take the sarcasm that some guys feel they have to write before they answer the question posted or reply to a construction post I believe if you cant give const. criticisim you should just not reply.I think this forum probably has the nicest group of people I have met. I belong to a few boating and fishing forums and they all seem to get slow at one time or another.

Is it me, or does there seem to be less activity on the forums of late? Just wondering to make sure it isn't my internet or anything :)
It isn't you. In fact, right before you came back I was beginning to think this forum had died - it was that slow.

Hey Tony,

I have been busy with getting ready for the holidays. Thanksgiving is less then 2 weeks away and Christmas is right around the corner. I start getting ready before Halloween. and I am still not ready! If I worked for myself I would fire me!

In the dead of winter after new years when my grandsons go back to school I will be here more often then not God willing.

Thank you LASM :) that is very nice of you!

I would include you in that boat ;)

That makes me think of Foghorn Leghorn I can hear him say "Anchor, boat, that's a joke son! I watch too many cartoons.

johne230, I just looked your member ID up on my other forum.
I think I know what you are talking about.
I rarely post there because there are a few that feel the need to bash you before they can give an answer you don't really need.
It is their way or you are an idiot.

That is the main reason I like coming to this forum.
I am shown where I am wrong then explained why.
Never any insults.

Great forum people.

This is a typical reply to an opinion I had on a subject.

That's so stupid I shouldn't even reply! You are wrong. PERIOD
smilie_auslachen.gif

Nice adult, mature reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
johne230, I just looked your member ID up on my other forum.
I think I know what you are talking about.
I rarely post there because there are a few that feel the need to bash you before they can give an answer you don't really need.
It is their way or you are an idiot.

That is the main reason I like coming to this forum.
I am shown where I am wrong then explained why.
Never any insults.

Great forum people.

I totally agree with you.

That is a great cartoon. I would feel sorry for Daffy Duck if he were not so ignorant, but we love him like that.

My personal favorite is "My Bunny lies over the sea", but I could not find the complete episode to post.

Back