Building the Andersley Western Railroad

Alan, what sound decoder/speaker combo are you using on 2410? The sound is fantastic!

Latest arrival on the Andersley Western is this Atlas Santa Fe GP38. Need to get all four Santa Fe locomotives fitted with air conditioners and the other gubbins on the cab roofs. Air horns damaged so need new ones, but got it at an amazing price, so no worries.

atsf2378.jpg

It is a Broadway model and came fitted with sound and a big speaker. Does have a good sound, doesn't it. :)

If the speaker is mounted in the fuel tank and you have any ferrous material in your ballast, it will quickly clean that up for you :(. One of the nice features of BLI is the master sound volume adjustment. Using the F8 button, you have 2 choices, press and hold for a second or so and it will shut off/turn on the sound (common to most sound systems), or, double click F8 like a mouse and it will reduce the volume through 8 steps to silent, continue double clicking will bring it back up again.

If the speaker is mounted in the fuel tank and you have any ferrous material in your ballast, it will quickly clean that up for you :(. One of the nice features of BLI is the master sound volume adjustment. Using the F8 button, you have 2 choices, press and hold for a second or so and it will shut off/turn on the sound (common to most sound systems), or, double click F8 like a mouse and it will reduce the volume through 8 steps to silent, continue double clicking will bring it back up again.

The speaker is mounted on the side at the back, vertically, so nowhere near the fuel tank :)

I regularly use the double-tap on F8 after a run if I want to leave it idling in the background. Excellent feature.

The speaker is mounted on the side at the back, vertically, so nowhere near the fuel tank :)

I regularly use the double-tap on F8 after a run if I want to leave it idling in the background. Excellent feature.

The ballast problem happened to 2 of the BLI's I had, C30-7's, the big AC6000's were the same, mounted underneath, but I think they sat a bit higher up inside the loco. I've mentioned the double F8 click to several BLI owners at my clubs to astonished looks. Amazes me how many people never bother to read the manuals that come with their locos.

Amazes me how many people never bother to read the manuals that come with their locos.

That I can believe!

I always read manuals, as I like to tweak lots of the cv settings, like bell type, bell ring rate, bell volume, master volume, prime mover volume, horn volume, acceleration rate, etc. etc.

This bridge on the RMCQ layout was made out of laser cut wood, two of the members have a business making building kits.

20160220PA_Bridge0.jpg

I'll ask again:

From whence cometh this 2410?
I see a 2401 -- I have looked at all the clips -- don't see a 2410!

Back