My latest additions.

Ronzzr11

As I was able to visit Pennsylvania again, I wanted to get a model of the Norfolk Southern F units. I managed to get an A-B set from Dicks train store in Altoona,which is from their ready to run range.However he could,nt get another pair, so I got a Cotton Belt A-B set, which I,m going to repaint and redecal using the Microscale decals.
The Cotton Belt set, is from Athearns Genesis range, so both units are powered.My plan is to use them as the head end pair, and have the ready to run set as the trailing pair.
Ron

Keep in mind that the Athearn model for NS is a foobie. NS rebuilt them from F7s (reclassed as F9s but still externally different due to mods) You'll need a muffler-style exhaust (which no one makes as a detail part, but can be scratched with a piece of sprue) and a large fan for the HEP.

Here's a page with instructions from a guy who did it:
http://www.southernexchange.net/ocs.shtm

Thanks for that link, I,ll be using that site, plus Railpictures.net a lot once I start working on my locos.
Ron

My project took a step closer, as I managed to get a set of the Microscale decals for the F units.Last year they were out of stock,but on my trip this year, Dicks train store managed to get a set for me.
Ron

Back