Let's see... your junk!!

V&AL

Fred's Loco Shop Foreman
One thing I've learned from begin a Sperry driver is the enormous amount of junk along the tracks... old and new ties, old and new rail, buckets, metal spike buckets, tie plates, spikes, abandoned and cut off sidings...

Most model railroads I've seen in person are too clean... prove me wrong!!

One thing I've learned from begin a Sperry driver is the enormous amount of junk along the tracks... old and new ties, old and new rail, buckets, metal spike buckets, tie plates, spikes, abandoned and cut off sidings...

Most model railroads I've seen in person are too clean... prove me wrong!!

I actually saw a piece of old track on the side of a branchline that was intact and not on roadbed - rails still spiked to the ties. It looked like a piece of model railway track that had been trashed. I'll take a pic of it next week.

I actually saw a piece of old track on the side of a branchline that was intact and not on roadbed - rails still spiked to the ties. It looked like a piece of model railway track that had been trashed. I'll take a pic of it next week.

they are called panels. Railroads use them to fix sections of track with minimal down time... grade crossings are one use that pops to mind...

I've tried to capture my 'junk-impressions' of many trips to the Western states.....

More to come....,
Frank

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank that loks great!
Here's all I have so far, lots more to go when I get that far...:rolleyes:

Here's some junk for you. A 78 AMC Pacer.

P1011225.jpg

Back