Search results

1. logandsawman

One A Day

Post a random or recent photo of your models or layout. Taking pics of my trains and looking at my make believe world is one of my favorite parts of the hobby. Enjoy, and post yours too! Dave LASM
  2. logandsawman

Dave's new backdrop

My layout is about a year old and I have been holding off on the backdrop until the bulk of the track work and buildings are done. I have used commercial products in the past, as well as painting on plastic sheeting which actually turned out pretty nice. This time I will be using 48" x 100'...
  3. logandsawman

Dave's Layout Tour, 11 x 12

Get a trip around the layout featuring the Sandstone quarry and many other scratch-built and store bought details! THANKS for watching! Dave LASM
  4. logandsawman

EBAY purchase Rivarossi 060

I just bought this, an impulse purchase felt like I needed a new loco. Now I have a couple questions, This looks like a Tank loco. Did they ever use tenders, and what was in the tanks? The snowplow, is this prototypical? I paid $56 includes shipping, seller was highly rated... Any other...
  5. logandsawman

Sawmill and log loads, freight house

Video features sawmill setup with office building, log loads on flat cars and truck, scenery and track work with prototype track and depot plan for the Northern Pacific railway near Groningen, MN, around 1939. Layout is 11' x 12' and currently under construction.
  6. logandsawman

Dave's Layout v. 4.0

Here is the beginning of my new layout. I have already been thinking about it and processing it since my last one was dismantled for a move back in 2016. I will be incorporating 3 modules which I have constructed specifically for the layout during the last few years, as well as numerous...
  7. logandsawman

How to build a fancy prototypical Northern Pacific Depot

Watch all the steps of building this depot. Cost less than $25 in materials, with several useful items left over. This Depot was in use during the steam era and up until 1955 as shown. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kU887WXRA4 Thanks for Watching!
  8. logandsawman

Identify a steam locomotive

Hi, I posted this a few days back on the Coffee Shop but thought I would move it to a thread. This train wreck is on a line I am modeling and in the city of focus. The date and town are on the original photo, this is a Great Northern track. Here is the clue I am going off, the top of the...
  9. logandsawman

Identify a steam locomotive

Hi, I posted this a few days back on the Coffee Shop but thought I would move it to a thread. This train wreck is on a line I am modeling and in the city of focus. The date and town are on the original photo, this is a Great Northern track. Here is the clue I am going off, the top of the...
  10. logandsawman

Completed Layout, SLCR, 14' x 16'

This is the completed layout shot just prior to dismantling. Features a sawmill, logging area, hump sorting yard, industrial area (Grovemont), old time village (Grizzly Flats), gravel pit and loading dock, and rural scenery. The entire construction process is documented on several youtube...
  11. logandsawman

Derailment on the BNSF

Check out this great video of a recently derailment in Glendive, MT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_lttAS5eYw By Badlands NP
  12. logandsawman

Sorting Freight

Sorting out some freight using the Kadee under the rails magnet uncoupler, hump, and brush retarders https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1WIX55M130 You can follow these two links to see how this was built: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re_OWqqt2hs...
  13. logandsawman

Caboose markings

Hi Guys, I purchased a caboose very similar to this one, must be a proto because has grabs attached already. My question is, what does it say in the black box at the end of the arrow, or what would it say, and what years would this be relevant to? The description says 50's to 70's...
  14. logandsawman

Gettin' the Logs

This fast paced video shows my old Mantua locomotive picking up a couple flat car loads of logs and delivering them to the mill. No fooling around on my railroad! The real one would move much slower but follow the same sequence! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5gET6vcCjE This video...
  15. logandsawman

Layout Tour of the SLCR

"hobo view" of the layout, as if seen from the boxcar door. Condensed trip covering key areas of my 14 x 16 HO layout. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orUQz042CdI THANKS for watching!
  16. logandsawman

Double Bend HO gooseneck light

Here are some pics of the double bend gooseneck that I installed on the layout recently: I purchased it on ebay from big-windy (Jerry). His email is: advantage@ameritech.net This was 8.00 plus 3.00 shipping. The wires were like the size of a hair but plenty long, and it came with...
  17. logandsawman

GML model train controller, DC walk around operations

My new train controller features walk around capabilities, shows off very nice slow speed control. The first part of the video will show operations with a Bachmann and Bowser unit. The second part shows instillation and hookup. Thanks for Watching...
  18. logandsawman

Advance Reservations- Walthers

I got an advance reservation on the C&NW semi trailer from Walthers a few months back. It was supposed to be available the end of March. Now it says the end of June. Is this common practice? Bummer.
  19. logandsawman

Walk around controller for DC

Found this on the internet and wonder if any DC guys use one. I wonder how it hooks up to your system? Chet--I think this is what you have, is it? I am mainly interested in how it hooks up to my cab. If the output wire just goes through it, and if I need a seperate one for each cab...
  20. logandsawman

Noisy DC power pack

I have an old MRC dual controller/power pack. It has regular and pulse power, used on HO scale. It makes a hum sound when turned on. It works fine and all the functions work, and it doesn't get hot or anything. I wonder if it is normal to get a hum sound out of this. It annoys me a little...

Back