Search results

1. logandsawman

What do you guys have for an automotive repair shop and what are some of the businesses names??

I have this gas station - they will have to do the repairs outside, just like the way I do them today... they have an open air workbench with the vice attached, plus all the lubes you could ask for. I name all my towns, however not many of my businesses. Dave LASM
  2. gas station 012.JPG

gas station 012.JPG

3. logandsawman

Substitute for Homasote

I used a bunch of something called luan, which is stratified like plywood. I think it was 3/8". It worked great for making grades, however my little wood risers were spaced relatively close together and the base under it all was 5/8" particle board. When I had an issue with a nail working its...
  4. logandsawman

One A Day

Definitely! My previous layout was a lot bigger and transition era, opening the door to a much bigger selection of rolling stock. I like to mix pics of them with the current pre transition era stuff. THANKS
  5. logandsawman

One nice thing about model railroading is.....

I wonder how many of us had to grow up too fast and missed a chunk of childhood. The world around me also seems imploding, the world in the train room is a steady anchor. Something I need nowadays... Dave LASM
  6. logandsawman

One A Day

A couple tank cars with a nice background shot: This is one of the nicest sections of the backdrop I purchased. I think they got the shading/sunlight effect right-- THANKS for looking Dave LASM
  7. oil tank 001.JPG

oil tank 001.JPG

8. logandsawman

Double Track main with a reverse loop (maybe two)

The topside creeper is something I could use for a couple hard to reach places. I consider myself a pretty good electrician (have wired many additions and a couple homes) I stick with DC on the layout. Makes life simple and I can easily run the trains pretty much trouble free. Dave LASM
  9. logandsawman

A New Station

very nice! Many younger folks nowadays probably haven't seen a phone booth...
  10. logandsawman

One A Day

A favorite scene from the old layout: I still have the little building in the foreground, barrels, and tank car. It seems like a lot of smaller stuff survived the move. Many of the larger buildings ended up in the trash. Dave LASM
  11. fuel depot.jpg

fuel depot.jpg

12. logandsawman

One A Day

Good plan with the no windows but skylights. Maybe something for next year, this summer I will be working on the 1988 Suburban. Thanks, Todd!
  13. logandsawman

Weathering Rolling Stock, a Continous thread

Tom - Very nice selection... The gondola with scrap load is my favorite of this lot! Well done!
  14. logandsawman

One A Day

Here is a shot of the freight cars I just worked over: Thanks for looking. Add a photo of your own! Dave LASM
  15. old timers completed.JPG

old timers completed.JPG

16. logandsawman

One A Day

Not a bad idea, however I think I would go with a 8 x 20 shipping container. I think my wife would have kittens over the idea. Luckily I still have the final word. Not sure if you noticed, but lumber is WAY down in price. I picked up some 2 x 6's last week and they cost about a third of what...
  17. logandsawman

Acrylic Washes

With the artist paints, what do you use to thin them down?
  18. logandsawman

Whitecourt Mimicry in HO

Nice photo sequence, gotta love the cave!
  19. logandsawman

Waldenburg Midland

The repurposing there is nothing short of genius!
  20. logandsawman

One A Day

Here is a night scene at the quarry, I put lights in all the buildings lately and few yard lights as well: Dave LASM

Back