Due to a recent surgery, I've had some down time, and wanted a project to keep me busy for a while. I had a Marklin Z scale train set in the closet waiting for me- Something I've had around for a few years but never had much time to mess with, so I decided now was the time. I haven't done much model railroad work since I was a kid, But I am not new to modeling, and I am an artist, so a lot of the 'skills' carry over nicely.
This layout is about 18" x 24", and is designed to fit in a samsonite hard sided suitcase... I have the basic layout done, track laid, and "Mountain" built-
The buildings are all scratch built- and none are done yet. I'm working on them as I go, whenever I have time to while things are drying on the layout. Due to the limited space on the layout, and the limited availability of Z scale buildings, just about everything will be scratch built. Besides, it's a LOT more fun!
This is a tug that I am scratch building- It's a little, 24 foot (scale) Harbor work tug-
And, A closeup of the gas station when almost complete and prior to any paint-
I've started making LOTS of trees, and other scenery elements as well.
Of course, I couldn't do it without my assistant- She LOVES to help
-Andrew
This layout is about 18" x 24", and is designed to fit in a samsonite hard sided suitcase... I have the basic layout done, track laid, and "Mountain" built-
The buildings are all scratch built- and none are done yet. I'm working on them as I go, whenever I have time to while things are drying on the layout. Due to the limited space on the layout, and the limited availability of Z scale buildings, just about everything will be scratch built. Besides, it's a LOT more fun!
This is a tug that I am scratch building- It's a little, 24 foot (scale) Harbor work tug-
And, A closeup of the gas station when almost complete and prior to any paint-
I've started making LOTS of trees, and other scenery elements as well.
Of course, I couldn't do it without my assistant- She LOVES to help
-Andrew
