ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Dave and Scott, I am glad you like the view of the layout. Believe it or not, it measures 9' X 13.75', much more than a sheet of plywood, but still very modest when compared to the vast expanses that we seem to see so often in the magazines. Interestingly, it is only one foot wider than the first layout that occupied that corner of the basement, but its layout and the paneled faces that present to visitors to the basement make it seem huge...as my wife's face revealed when she saw the bench early on.
Great thread!
I don't have a layout anymore.. the only "layout" that exists , for me, today is the module layout from our N scale module club.
The layout is flexible! So each meeting we have a different "trackplan"!
Lot of work because of the "wiring" but we got someone who like this a lot! ( actualy it's almost like having a real job )
ad a trackplan andsome pictures too
btw:SpaceMouce
I can't get the perspective I want to see on it worked out
Don't draw the perpective but paint it! Try to use the "atmospheric perpective..like "Da Vinci" I mean not the way he painted but the theory behind it...
Nobody cares what age you are, but your profile and mannerisms are very much like "BNSF Kid" that was on this forum. Sorry for the mistake in identity and also thinking you needed help in design ideas, but since you are a layout designer, that was obviously incorrect. It doesn't matter since the thread took on its own direction.
Here's my plan, so far I only have one 40" radius turn down a 4% grade from the peak constructed, but I have most of the benchwork all the way there to the yard ready to go from my previous layout. This will be the THIRD time I tore the whole thing apart and learned from my mistakes, hopefully it will be the last for awhile.
Lets see if I can post some pictures of the Waltzing Creek & Western. It is a 32' x 32' N scale layout. No scenery yet. About 110' of mainline in place, but only about 40% of mainline is complete. West Staging is designed to be relocated as the layout grows.
The first picture is East Staging. The Second picture is Griffithville. The third picture is Batesville. The fourth picture is Perryville.