Your favorite Prototype Railroad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NP2626
  • Start date Start date
ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


... I'm sure I will be embarassed for asking; but, who is the RF&P?...

Richmond Fredricksburg and Potomac. A RR noted for it's beautiful 4-8-4 northerns. These have been called the most beautiful of that wheel arrangement ever built. There were two classes of these, the General, locos were named after confederate generals, and the Statesman class, where locos were named after founding fathers from Virginia.
 
Alas, it is no more, the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy: "The Burlington Route", the "Q", "The Way of the Zephyrs", "Everywhere West"!! The Chinese red paint scheme was rivaled only by the Santa Fe.
Really? I always liked the blackbird scheme much better than the Chinese Red. While I credit the Q with being the best run railroad in the country and being the caldrin for USA railroad management throughout the 20th century, I never gave them too much credit for their imagination with paint schemes. Grey back F units, plain old stainless steel Es, and what was up with that nasty gold painted Hudson?
 
I would say CR followed by Amtrak. In my modeling aspect I plan on modeling the Boston line in my area but I also like most New England Shortlines and Commuter stuff from around the country along with anything Electric! LOL I also have a fondness for European trains from Germany, France, Switzerland, and Poland!
 


No takers on the MN&S?
Perhaps that should be a new thread of its own. Name that railroad type thing. The problem with those types of threads is that the internet has made it too easy to answer. So either someone has an answer in 10 seconds or the questions are so hard it takes days to research out. BTW - Minneapolis, Northfield and Southern.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Both of you are correct, it was the Minneapolis Northfield and Southern. The railroad that went through my neigborhood when I was a kid.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top