YES YES YES, Genesis SD60M's!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
What is new from Athearn, josh? I want to know. I just got their newest news bulletin, and that wasn't in there.

Any news on the SP MT-4 4-8-2's ??!
 
Josh,

I went to the Athearn website and it says they'll be doing SD60M's, but no further details. Any idea what other roads they are doing them in besides BN, BNSF, and UP?
 


Miles, it just popped into my email inbox last night. I've been waiting for the new release.

Ken, I'd assume so, at the Detroit show they had a 3 window cab if I remember right, and this is only showing 2 window cab SD60M's. There's still a 3 window cab release to come. I'm sure they'll do CSX, NS, (including the fmr Conrail units); Soo, BN, BNSF & UP 3 window cabbed; plus "Late model" UP SD60M's that do not have the level deck, and more BNSF units (Seems illogical to only release one BNSF unit). Time will tell.
 
So far they've only done the SD60I for Conrail, which means they still need the SD60M for Conrail, too... (huh, odd, Conrail is in my computer's dictionary, if I don't capitalize it, its underlined as spelled wrong!)
 
Something tells me that Southern Railway is going to be purchasing some SD60M's. Hopefullly they have the finances for 'um.
 
The SD60M was the first NYCS engine to wear the lightning stripe scheme. I will definitely be modeling NYCS #101
 
I look forward to seeing how their 3 window SD60M looks in Soo Line. I may have to add one of those to my fleet.

mtrpls - I'm going to have to write Diesel Era, the book they published doesn't mention NYCS having SD60M's! :)
 


^ yeah, I've been petitioning them for some time to include the NYCS roster, but to no avail. :rolleyes: (lol)
 
Does anyone notice that some of the road numbers Athearn chooses are imaginery? The 3 Conrail units, only 1 of the numbers (5544) was related to the SD60I, 1 was for a GP7(5605) and the other nonexistent (5626).
 
Josh and Thoroughbreed:

Conrails SD60's are numbered 6840-6867
SD60M's are numbered 5500-5543 and 5545-5574
SD60I's are numbered 5544, 5575-5654
5595-5614 and 5630-5654 were assembled at Juniata
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top