Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe XXIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning, Waiting to head out to do my mowing run. Not much new with the wife/Ex-wife? She's still MIA and most likely not comming back......."her lose!" As for myself got plenty of work to keep my mind active and off on this sillyness I'm going through with Janette. I'm working right in to Saturday so far not sure about Sunday yet?

Jim, have a safe return and speedy trip home.


Guys, There ain't enough rest left in our lives to correct what looks back at us in the mirror....:eek::p;):rolleyes: well may be for Matt there's some hope!:D
I shouldn't talk, My wife has add some wrinkles to my face and I haven't got a full night of sleep since middle of last month! So I look like hell warmed over some.

Got to go and give the equipment a once over before I head out....CUL
 
Good morning. It's 75 and mostly cloudy. The high will be near 100 and it will be partly cloudy.

I see Walther's website is still down. The more things change the more they stay the same. They felt that the site needed revamping and now old man Murphy is taking his vacation there. Nothing on the agenda for today as far as I know. You think I'm gonna be out in near 100 degree temps if I can help it? Yeah, right! I'll be inside where it's cool. It'll give me a chance to weather the new D&RGW 'Cookie Box' boxcar. I've already dusted up the fire chief's new car. What a shame the town doesn't have a car wash. Guess he'll have to take it over to the diner and have a bunch of bikini clad high school cheer leaders wash it while he sits back and enjoys the sights while his heart rate goes up. Maybe they can wash the crew bus too. No reason to deprive the rest of the fire fighters. Well, better get the 'Cookie Box' over to the weathering station.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1010911.jpg
 


Mikey and Karl- Ill be alright. Sheesh one sandwhich baggy of candy all summer and im getting lectured. Thats my moms job guys. :D, its just past the halfway mark of summer vacation, and ive made about $450 so far, when i get paid this week ill probably get another $100 and it should be enough to cover the expense of the new gun. Well see, :D. As for the car, theres a used car dealership within a 3 minute bike ride from my house, last i looked there was two dodge rams, both under 2k, didnt even bother stopping though, theyre either high mileage or somethings going on. Prices will keep dropping by the time im old enough to drive anyways. But yeah your right, this whole having to drop close to 700 for firearms before october sucks :mad:

Chris- At 14 im just starting to lose that baby face. Ill admit though, i usually get mistaken for about 16, must be my height or sumthin. A quick trim every 2-3 weeks and were good to go. Prescription acne medicine keeps the zits away, im pretty tan for a NY'er, and sports keep me in shape, but give it time, ill lose it eventually, probably right after college :rolleyes::D
 
Matt- I really don't mean to lecture you and tell you how to spend money you have worked hard for. Your right, that's what mother do for most of us.

One of the hardest things for mature people to learn is how to budget their money and time.
You have mentioned the firearms. In addition to the guns, you will need to purchase ammo, frequently, if you target practice. You may need some more hunting clothes and equipment. Once again, less money for your vehicle.

Whenever you spend money on your kayak, candy,trains, trips or girls, realize it will have a negative impact on your ability to purchase a really nice vehicle when you are 16.

End of lecture!!:D

Matt- I really enjoy reading your posts and think you are a great person.
You may have heard a saying, "It takes a villiage to raise a child." I hope you will consider this forum a villiage willing to help you grow into the best person you can be. I feel honored you share so many of your hopes and aspirations with us. I hope my grandsons are as level-headed as you are when they get to be your age.

Stop and get yourself a Snickers bar after work tomorrow!!
 
Jeffrey, I forgot to mention last night that you owe me a new wide screen monitor. Seems your photo zapped half of my LCDs. :eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D
 
Mikey- That where im pretty fortunate. I have my kayak and dont see any money going into that for awhile, so im good there. My dad bought me a brand new set of Camoflauge bibs/coveralls and Jacket, (which are alitte big so theyll last a few seasons) last christmas as well as new boots. One of my choices for the deer rifle that im leaning to is the 30-06, which is what my dad hunts with, so i can use his ammo, and im sure well set up something where we alternate buying. Realistically a box of ammo should easily last through hunting season, probably closer to 2 seasons. Im not as big into trains as most people here, total spent over about 3 years is probably less than $200. I have the room but ill be in college in a few years, no sense in building anything that if i ever get remotely close to finishng, ill be heading away for 4 years. Girls are pretty cheap, only really have to buy stuff 3 times a year, Christmas, Birthday and V-day, well for now at least :rolleyes:. I was kidding about the lecture. Thanks though.
 
Yeah, right...

Girls are pretty cheap, only really have to buy stuff 3 times a year, Christmas, Birthday and V-day, well for now at least :rolleyes:.
Don't forget the anniversary of when you met, the anniversary of when you first went out, etc. Also her parents' birthdays, as well as dinners, movies and supplies for anything else you do together. It adds up faster than you'd think. Oh, yeah, and bribes for her bratty little brother/sister...:rolleyes:
 
Terry- Now that i think about it, ive got to add buying tickets to movies, theme park, ect. Your right, but for now though, ive only had to worry about one anniversary so far, but thats done and over with. For now, i dont really have to worry about most of that stuff, which is a good thing :D

I love football season, its a great sport i dont care what anybody tells you, besides rugby what other sport can i nail some guy and get rewarded by it? As an OLB i can get in quick and put them on their a**, i love this game. I dont care about the broken fingers, bruises, fingers in the facemask or tackles, let me hit someone. Ha did i mention how much i love this sport?
 


Girls are pretty cheap, only really have to buy stuff 3 times a year, Christmas, Birthday and V-day, well for now at least :rolleyes:. .

Girls cheap????:eek: Matt, you might think that girls are cheap now, but just wait!! Women are expensive!!!! Between the birthdays, holidays, family birthdays,,,then having to get a new dress because her cousin or old college roomate is flying in from Seattle....or (and this it soooo true) the shoes!!!:eek: I kid you not, my wife has more shoes than a 100 car freight has wheels. We have a walk in closet that I have renamed the Imelda Marcos suite! There are 12 pairs of 1 style shoe, all the same, except different colors!!! Don't ever make a mistake when she asks you to hand her a pair. They might look purple to you, but they are eggplant dammit!!:o
The list goes on, cream is not white, cinnamin is not brown, taupe and mauve,,,,,,what the hell are they???:rolleyes:
I get dressed after the a.m. shower in 5 minutes. Dockers, golf shirt,underwear, socks & sneakers. After matching her underwear, then deciding if its a slacks day or a dress day, then coordinating outfits, not liking what she sees, redressing in something else, then the makeup, no wonder she leaves for work an hour after I do. Hence, no trip to Target is complete without buying another outfit that some morning will end up a heap on the bedroom floor, for some unknown reason.:rolleyes: All this stuff costs $$$$$.

Now, I wouldn't trade her for all the tea in China, but lets face it. I get through life with about 7 different pairs of shoes. Why can't she??:confused:

Now all this does have a silver lining. When I'm looking at a new loco and I hear her say "how many engines do you need?" I just ask, "how many shoes do you need?"

Works every time! ;)
 
And when they leave it isn't any easier tring to figure them out! Mine has got me so confused......Not one Damn thing makes any logical sence, even Ryan can't see no logic in it? In short, Women don't have a clue of what they really want, they just go on Random Fleeting FEELINGS and Illogical emotions!
 
And when they leave it isn't any easier tring to figure them out! Mine has got me so confused......Not one Damn thing makes any logical sence, even Ryan can't see no logic in it? In short, Women don't have a clue of what they really want, they just go on Random Fleeting FEELINGS and Illogical emotions!

I have given up trying to figure out what women think, how they think, or what they want. I got a headache every time I tried... Now I just try to be polite and courteous, and let them do whatever it is they do...
 
Woo hoo! Fun stuff!. Woke up just before 5 this morning, grabbed a cup of coffee and had just sat down on the back porch when I heard what sounded like distant thunder, then it grew louder and louder til it passed beneath me and shook the house!! Yup, news reports confirm a 3.6 magnitude earthquake this morning!!! :eek::eek::eek:
Worst one I have ever felt. Wife has seen worse, but then again, she's a California girl!! Nothing damaged, so no harm, no foul.
Definately didn't need the coffee after that eye opener! The rest of the day should be pretty dull considering!!
 
Karl: I saw something about that earthquake in the news this morning. Near Gaithersburg if I remember correctly. Something like that would sure be an eye opener. The Bossip website is heralding it as the 'End of Days Earthquake'. Guess that's supposed to make it more interesting reading. http://bossip.com/267491/end-of-days-earthquake-hits-maryland-3-6-magnitude/


Good morning. It's 76 and mostly sunny. The high will be 98 and it will be mostly cloudy.

Looks like we MIGHT have some rain this weekend. Not much on the schedule for today. I have to go to the pharmacy later to get some refills on my meds but that's about it. Stayed in yesterday because of the heat. I'm surprised the grass is still green. I checked the progress of my order from Walther's this morning. My 567 prime mover shipped out yesterday. It should add a point of interest to the engine house.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1010926.jpg
 
:D:D:D:D:D

With all the finshin & huntin goin on round here, I thought I'd pass this along!!!

A Southern Fishing Story

I went fishing this morning but after a short time I ran out of worms. Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth. Frogs are good bass bait.


Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit. So, I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth. His eyes rolled back, he went limp. I released him into the lake without incident and carried on fishing using the frog.



A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot. There was that same snake with two frogs in his mouth.


Life is good in the South.
 
How do i attach feeder wires?

Ive got an MRC Tech II DC controler that i want to connect to some N scale track i picked up. I dont have a sodering irons, the rails are nickel silver, and the wires are copper. Is this even possible. I dont need blocks or anything, its just a simple loop.
 
Matt
check with your local hobby shop. I have seen, in the past track joiners with wire leads attached that you could connect wires to.
 
Thanks karl, there is no lhs though, closest decent one is probably 40 minutes away. I might get over to the one around here soon though.

Doesnt jim come back tonight? If so, have a smooth trip jim.
 


I would suggest soldering feeders directly to the rails. Those Atlas terminal joiners (rail joiners with wires on them) aren't very robust and the wires break off easily. For what they cost (average $3) you could buy a pile of universal joiners (good for code 100 and code 83).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top