Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe XXIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Been somewhat busy here today. Went over and mowed my parent's yard this morning while it was somewhat cool. The humidity was something else! Work on the van is coming along slowly. I have a couple of people searching for a steering column for it. I went and looked at a 79 B250 today that still had the column in it. Everything was the same until I got down to the end of the steering shaft where I found the wrong type of connector. It has a bracket and a disc whereas mine has a hollow end with a shear pin. ARGGG!
 
HELLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!!

IS ANYONE HOME???!!!!???!!!


I guess everyone must be asleep still from all the partying that they did!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Oh well---
Have a good Memorial Day Weekend!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
 
Just finished cookin brat's, dog's and some kind of a concoction of ground turkey and sausage burgers yuck!!!!!!!! on the grill the beer brats were really good the burgers were edible is about all I will say.
 


Rex Chris
Originally Posted by vato loco
I thought all nudist camps were full of nothing but 60-70 year old people with Gavity Damaged junk dragging on the ground! Ewwwwwwww, yuck where's the bleach for my eyes!!

.............and knobby knee's!
It's hard to tell where the knees finnish and the ankles begin on some of them,,, same camps here,,, horrid places full of people who should be covered up
 
Just got back from town. I went out to eat with my sister at one of the local steak houses. I was out this morning looking for the parts I need for my van. Turns out one of neighbors has a 79 B250 van in his back yard with the column and gearbox still in it. Don't know yet how much he'll want for the parts.
 
Rex Chris

It's hard to tell where the knees finnish and the ankles begin on some of them,,, same camps here,,, horrid places full of people who should be covered up
Nudist colonies are for people that can't find a good tailor...:eek:
 
Just got back from town. I went out to eat with my sister at one of the local steak houses. I was out this morning looking for the parts I need for my van. Turns out one of neighbors has a 79 B250 van in his back yard with the column and gearbox still in it. Don't know yet how much he'll want for the parts.

Jeff! Got some ideas for the van
You painted it black right? :D

the-a-team-van.jpg
 


:cool:Hey All!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I worked yesterday and today, but am taking tomorrow off. It will feel good to sleep in until 6 or so!

Jim, Steve and Jeffrey...y'all were talking about pros vs volunteers in Emergency Services. I was a volunteer EMT with an ambulance service for 4 years and had the chance to compare the differences.

I was fortunate enough to work with Colorado's best volunteer FD. They trained like crazy folks and we often cross trained with them.

On the other hand, I had to teach a group of professional fire fighters in the Denver area and their attitudes and lack of skills frightened me! Actually, there were only 2 or 3 really BAD guys and the rest were simply frustrated by the fact that to qualify for officer testing, they had to take some basic classes. I understood that, but it still changed my views of the district.

I think that training is the key. The BFD (lol...I know...I know) trained all the time and had and still have LOTS of funding. They are almost all paid now, and still have a great reputation.

I did some house/dawg sitting for my brother last week. His GR's are growing up so fast! I was in the backyard with 2 of them when the 3rd came out with something in his mouth...my Oakley's GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! He was holding them ever so gently :cool: and didn't hurt them, but those dawgs about wore me out. They are into everything!! Good thing they are so darn cute :p

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day.

Sandy


Kev.......Kev.......Maggie.......Maggie
 
Been up all night last night,,,, COFFEE and make it strong

We had a major fire in town last night and we were second pump in attendance, we had to get 2 jets in the side of the building, which was gaping open with fire billowing out and burning the houses over the road, we had to evacuate all the houses really fast as even the cars in the road were starting to catch fire, it eventually went to 10 pumps plus ariel ladders, we had 18 pumps by 5am and not one injury, just burned out cars and buildings
 
Smoke, smoke look at all the smoke. Wheres the fire? Canada! Thats right, when i woke up this morning i noticed it, but i just thought it was fog or maybe someone down the road had an early bonfire going, nope, apparently canada has some nasty fires going on and blew the smoke across the border. Im about 2 and a half hours from the border.
 
Ron no mate Chorley town centre, this is the fire service chaplains web site, he's from your town to mate. no pictures of the worst affected area but it was really a big mess, cars burnt out, houses badly damaged and now the building is falling over towards the houses to, it's going to be demolished sometime tomorrow
http://www.fireflash-delta64.co.uk/stumplane310510.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Evening, everyone.

A good Memorial Day to to our vets, firefighters, peace officers, and EMS personnel, who put their lives in the line so we could spend another day in paradise. A special prayer to those who paid the utimate price.

Steve, sounds like a really bad fire. Did you have a lot of wind to help it spread or what? I'm not familiar with that area but I know there are a lot of congested districts there. I'm glad it was just work and no one was hurt.

Sandy, I was a NASAR instructor, and the worst classes I ever taught were to paid agencies that required their personnel to attend. Some of the volunteer agencies didn't have the greatest skills but at least they wanted to learn more and didn't spend the whole class texting on their cell phones. :mad: Very handsome dogs but I'm glad you were stuck chasing them and not me. :)

Matt, that's a pretty cool van. I'm sure Jeffrey could duplicate it with some Bondo and his airbrush. :D

Bob, I hope your nose is clearing up being out on the water. I really miss sailing. For some reason, my allergies have been much worse this year than any year I can remember.

Chirs, don't go to the beach in Slovenia. Nudity is normal there and, no matter how bad the old folks in Florida look, you haven't seen anything until you see those old German guys with beer guts down to their kness. The worst part is they thing they look sexy. :rolleyes:

Hello, Barry, and thanks for all those downtown pictures you've posted. I've already picked up a few ideas from them, assuming I ever have time to work on the layout again.

Managed to get some hamburgers on the grill in between thunderstorms. We had .83 inches of rain today and the lawn is looking a little less dead. After one storm went through, we had the sun come out with a a little rain still falling. The combination gave us a full spectrum double rainbow to the southeast, all the way from horizon to horizon, with the upper end of the curve about 60 degrees high. I've only seen something like this once before in my life. It was really something to see.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top