Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe XXIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the cars oil filter changed out. Replaced it with a Fram ExtraGuard filter and topped up the oil with Pennzoil 10/30. Nothing but the best for the old beast.
 
Good morning folks

It was a surprising 38 F when I headed out this morning. High will be 63 F. The heater actually came on this morning to remove the chill from the house.

It has been a crazy day so far. I had to drop the wife’s car off at the shop to have the brakes looked at. I have been going from one fire to another at work since I got in. This is the first chance I have had to take a breath.

We had a productive weekend. We spent Saturday doing yard work. I had to remove some low lying branches from one of the trees in the back. The branches were almost touching my wife’s car. Afterward we headed out for Mothers’ Day dinner. A few years ago after a really bad experience on Mothers’ Day we decided to go to dinner the day before. Since my wife does not like crowds and the hassle this has worked out great. We get fast service and no hassles. On Mothers’ Day we lounged around the house and had to do some last minute running. For dinner we prepared a nice meal at home.

I did some straightening up and cleared off all the extras off the workbench. Maybe now I can finish the stock cars that have been on the bench forever.

Tonight is flute lesson for my daughter and Boy Scouts for my son.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
evening all

No fires all day then just at mealtime, a job. Was an industrial paint shop building well alight, i was team leader in the first BA team, we went in and attacked the main fire while other teams went into adjacent buildings as it was spreading fast, we knocked it back in 10 mins or so but it stopped it spreading further, so job well done :D
 


Im surprised that dogs havent been mentioned in this conversation yet, 2 of mine take theres fine because theyll eat anything. Its the chubby one that is to dainty when she eats. Weve tried everything from forcing it to hiding it in cheese sticks, to putting in the food to covering it in peanut butter. The only one that worked was the peanut butter one because it got stuck to the roof of her mouth. Somehow she managed to eat the food and not eat the pill !
Our dog will not touch any food or water unless I've given it to her. If I give it to her, she wolfs it down like it's going out of style, including pills.:rolleyes: Here's a pic of her, since we're doing show and tell with our pets:
 
Speaking-O-Pet's.... My son and I have been working on his Frogtopia! Now those noisy frog are back outside! I though pet birds are noisy, Dang tree frogs got birds beat. around 8pm they start chirp and bark until they go back to sleep around 4am! and when we get rain:eek::eek: He's got 7 frogs 5 tree and two toads! There is also 4 Anoles.....
 
Willis! She's beautiful!!!

I played with a Chesapeake Retriever puppy today and just fell in love. What a cutie!

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!


Sandy

Thanks Sandy, I'm still trying to figure out why the previous owners gave her away. They advertised her as a 3 1/2 month Shepherd/Setter mix to give away. Still don't know why I said I'd take her, Maybe pity because she was skin and bones (tape worm) both ears infected, I guess it was the pleading look in her eyes. I thought she was a mutt until a breeder became very interested in her and asked a lot of questions, that's when I found out she is a Newfoundland dog. The breed goes from $500 to $1500 for a pup which leaves me more puzzled.
BTW the Chesapeake Retriever is an offshoot of the Newfoundland.

Cheers
Willis
 
The big noise maker....For such a small frog his bark is loud! The neigbor across the street can heard him last night!:eek:
 
The big noise maker....For such a small frog his bark is loud! The neigbor across the street can heard him last night!:eek:

Chris,
I bet your neighbor would really like your frogs,,,,,,deep fried of course!!!:eek::D:rolleyes:
Tastes like chicken eh???:p

Sandy Got the books today,,,,,,awesome stuff!! Thanks!!!

We had a Bay dog years ago,,,,nutty as could be,,,ate veggies out of the garden faster than we could pick em......radishes,,,lettuce,,,cabagges,,tomatoes, whatever. We had to chain him up in order to tend the garden!

Well the smell from the 1st color has now disapated, so tomorrow night MMID305 gets masked and its second color applied. Hope it's not raining, Sweetie gets a little preturbed when I paint too close to the house!!:eek:
 
Well I decided today that I'll be buying my nephew's '81 Dodge Van for $400, unless something better in that price range range comes along. The old Century is getting to the point that it's going to cost me a mega pile of money to fix. The tranny is making strange noises as well as shifting hard (kicking into gear really violently instead of shifting smoothly, the power pump is shot, the rack is going out and the engine is starting to burn oil. One thing I know about these high output engines is that when they start going downhill they don't last long. Also the chassis rail on the right side is splitting apart from about the rear of the catalytic converter to the rear sway bar. I had a problem with that before some years ago. The same chassis rail had cracked back by the muffler and ripped part of the sway bar loose, then the entire sway bar ripped loose from the bottom of the car and the rear of the car went into a skid that became a 360 followed by a 180. The adrenaline rush was better than you'd from any E ride at Disneyland but I have no desire to go through that again. The cops said the fact I kept it on the road was an absolute miracle! Now as for the van, it's been almost entirely rebuilt mechanically with the exception of the steering column and the gas tank. I can get both of those items for about $100 from the local bone yard. The body is in good shape but needs a paint job.
 
"Sandy Got the books today,,,,,,awesome stuff!!"

Karl...Glad they got there okay! Hope they're what you wanted :)

Enjoy!

Sandy
 


Terry...What's your dawgs name? I love her face!!!

Chris...I love the sound of frogs 'singing' at night. I grew up on a farm (Sheesh...that makes me sound like a goat...or chicken!) and I loved the night sounds. Crickets, frogs, locusts, coyotes.

Maybe in the house, they might be a bit much :eek:
 
Terry...What's your dawgs name? I love her face!!!

Chris...I love the sound of frogs 'singing' at night. I grew up on a farm (Sheesh...that makes me sound like a goat...or chicken!) and I loved the night sounds. Crickets, frogs, locusts, coyotes.

Maybe in the house, they might be a bit much :eek:

They have horrable timming when they decide to sing! The Common Green Tree Frog and the Cuban Tree Frog are the loudest! The Cuban is still in the house:mad:. We'll get his house finished tomarrow and get him on the patio.:o
 
Terry...What's your dawgs name? I love her face!!!
Her name is Sophie, she is a part Daschund, part King Charles Spaniel. She was a rescue dog. She chose us when we pulled up in the yard, and a brown blur came tearing out of the yard and jumped in the truck when we opened the door. She parked on the seat and looked at us, waiting to go...:)
 
Good morning folks

It was 43 F this morning when I rolled out of the driveway. Our high today will be 57 F with a good chance of rain.

Not much happened last night. My daughter went to flute lesson and my son had Boy Scout’s. Before I went to bed I found out that we were under a Frost Advisory so I had to find some old sheets and cover all the plants that my wife planted over the weekend.

Tonight my daughter has volleyball. Her next tournament is Sunday.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Her name is Sophie, she is a part Daschund, part King Charles Spaniel. She was a rescue dog. She chose us when we pulled up in the yard, and a brown blur came tearing out of the yard and jumped in the truck when we opened the door. She parked on the seat and looked at us, waiting to go...:)

That is so cute----"Spring" came in here when the people who looked after him brought him here---marched right up to Audrey--lept up into her arms and started headbutting her:D:D:D
 
Went to see the foot doc this morning. Left foot is almost completely healed. X-rays of the right foot show that the infection is gone. The Charcot is still there, nothing will change that. They also removed my iv line while I was there. What a relief that was. Got a couple of reminders on the way there why I need to get some new transport. The tranny kicked out between gears a couple of times then slammed into gear hard enough for me to really feel the jolt. One day it'll do that and I'll probably see pieces of the tranny on the road behind me. The steering rack is leaking like a sieve. I'm having to put fluid in it every time before I go someplace and trips to Alexandria are out of the question. There's also a questionable tapping in the top of the engine. The injectors need replacing and that's $600 just fir the injectors. That doesn't include the other pieces needed like seals and gaskets. Moreover, the brakes are starting to fade again. So when I got out of the docs office I went to my money tree and plucked off four $100 and some $20 bills. Later I'll go over and tell my nephew to get his stuff out of MY van. All I have to do is sign the title and bill of sale and there's a notary right across the road.
DSCN0170.jpg

DSCN0171.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg
 
I find it bizzare that over here you can get a second hand car thats as straight as a die with only very minor scratches for very little money, yet over there if you want something similar it costs a fortune. We have a tv show that went out here, they had £1000 each to spend and they bought some very tidy clean cars, one only had about 60000 miles on the clock, they then went to South or North Carolina with the equvilent in dollars and all they got were what i would call a scrap yard condition cars. some things just dont balance out in this mad world
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top