Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. It's 20° and partly cloudy. Our high will be 44°, overcast then some sun. Expecting 21° tonight then warmer weather for the next week.

Got some layout work done yesterday but didn't get to the point of applying the shellac to seal the joint compound. I spent the a good part of the afternoon and most of the evening helping my nephew rebuild an ATV, in this case an old Honda 4 wheeler. Today I hope to get shellac down on some of the layout if my back holds up. It's still sore from yesterday. Later today I have to take my parents video camera back to them and set up a time when I can teach them how to use it. Tomorrow is out as I have an appointment in DeRidder. Perhaps Saturday or Sunday.
 
Good morning everyone! It's 23 here with a high near 30. So far no more accumulation to the 6 inches we have on the ground now. Saturday we may have some accumulating snow, but no official word yet. They are calling it snow showers for now.

Well I am still procrastinating on sanding the walls in the basement. I have a student of my wife's coming over this evening to help me with moving around things in the basement to at least make it easier to get around down there. They may not be very smart but they sure know how to work! I've had this boy over here helping before, and he is really a hard worker. He is going to CTC which is a trades program in this area to learn a job skill. He is doing pretty good from what I've heard so far. I know he works for me really well, so he is good at following directions. No headway on the train layout though but as soon as I get the basement cleaned up I will be putting my layout back together. I use the lifelike powerloc track, so it won't take long to put it back together. Have a good day everyone!

oddtodd:D
 


BTW Morning temp's 25* this morning and warmed to a crisp 50* I was blowing berms out on the baseball fields with the garden hose this morning when the temps were in the 30's ! My hands yet to warm up! Ball season for dixie youth baseball starts feb. 1st. I got a lot to do before then..... Still trying to find a night job, no luck yet. I'm starting to get depressed!
 
Well dang it, I was going to put a coat of shellac on the newly sanded parts of the layout and found that my shellac had hardened in the can. I was thinking that I would have to pick up a new one tomorrow on my way back from DeRidder. Then I was saved by my questionable memory. I remembered I had another can of shellac in the back of the van. I brought it in, shook it up to insure it was mixed and not just layers of chemicals and prepared to open it. It was then I noticed the bottom of the can was bulged outward. There was pressure in that there can! Question was how much. I carefully pried up the top while keeping my other hand on top of the can.

BOOM!!

The only thing that kept the top from blowing off of the can was that I was holding it down. There wasn't any spray but I felt like a .357 magnum had been fired right above my head. Man! My ears are still ringing! No blood in the ears though so that's a good sign. The shellac turned out to be good so I painted part of the newly sanded areas with it. I'll have to move some clutter around before I can do the other newly sanded areas. One of these days I'll have to decide whether to keep this clutter or give it away. Throw it away if nothing else. It's just getting in the way.
 
One of these days I'll have to decide whether to keep this clutter or give it away. Throw it away if nothing else. It's just getting in the way.
My way of disposing of clutter is simple, but rather time consuming. If I find something I haven't used in a year, I put it in a box with the date on it. If it's still in the box the following year, it goes away. I'm kind of ruthless about it, too. I've tossed or given away some pretty good junk...
 
What up all?

Got a good amount of snow here yesterday around 12 inches or so of the white stuff. got it all moved around the house and helped my dad where he works as I didn't have to go in. Then like any good jeep owner i took my jeep out and played a little in the snow. Then today driving to work in the heep one of the idler pulleys seized u then the fan belt let go while i was doing 65 on the highway. Luckly i was near an exit and get the jeep stopped. Then one of the state help trucks showed up and I said if you can get me off the highway my towing company can get me. So he pushed me to the exit ramp and I pulled the jeep the rest of the way off with the winch cable.

All fixed now


oh photo of the rig in the snow
1154885948_Bc6Rj-M.jpg
 
That's a bad ass lookin' Jeep!

Good evening folks.

Nothing going on around here. I'm in one of those 'Ground Hog Day' type of moods. I feel like I only ever get ready for work, work, then go home and go to bed. I'm starting to get really sick of winter and we have a long ways to go. Oh well, I may need to get back to working on the layout. I just don't feel like doing it at night. Maybe I'll have a change of heart soon.

Have a good night.
 
Well tomorrow morning I have to go to DeRidder to see my urologist then I have to go by the New Llano post office to send off a package then I have to go to the bank to make a deposit. The last of the payments from my HO stuff sale came in today. It's not much but every little bit helps.


​
 


Enough!!

Okay! Enough of this cold crap.

This is the end of the second week of cold weather, so winter should be over for us by Saturday. Winters in Alabama are only supposed to last a couple weeks.

Chris-please use a little more patience for a second job. It took a while for you to get back on the county mower, but you got a sweet bonus in Dana.
Whatever the good Lord blesses you with will be worth the wait!
 
Jeffrey.........don't shake petroleum products,,,,,stir them!:eek:

Drew, The Jeep looks like a lotta fun.....I can't wait for this weekend, when I can bolt up the final parts and get my Ranger back......It's been a month waiting for a tranny cooler. finally it's here, and Sunday were having temps in the mid forties.....plenty warm to work on the truck!:D

Chris,,,,I would notice monkeypoo, and tell on you too! So chill!

Stilll, it's really quiet in here lately.............who farted?:confused:

Hiya Mikey, didn't see ya slip in!
 
Good Evening,

I had a interesting day and got to do a bit of Rail fanning too as I got down to downtown Fresno, Ca.
From doing a bit of checking on the web it seems that CFNR 'California National Railway' operates on the SP trackage running through the San Joquin valley and BNSF on the Santa Fe trackage. But I saw a couple of somewhat odd sights today, at least from my standpoint.

I'll post more in the forum above.



Okay! Enough of this cold crap.

This is the end of the second week of cold weather, so winter should be over for us by Saturday. Winters in Alabama are only supposed to last a couple weeks.

Chris-please use a little more patience for a second job. It took a while for you to get back on the county mower, but you got a sweet bonus in Dana.
Whatever the good Lord blesses you with will be worth the wait!



Well Rick,
From what I've been hearing, the Earth shiffted on is axis and that has caused a considerable change in the weather! Also, as your bringing-up things are starting to get colder all the time due to the shift.
 
Jan. 14th, 2011
Good Morning,
Hope everyone is having a good day!
Say ladies I have a couple of Legs ah-I mean Eggs, a lot of hash brownsk, a slab of ham and coffee if you would.
I wonder where Bill finds these babes @?@

Yesterday as posted above, I started to mention I saw some odd Loco's in downtown Fresno, 'at least what seemed odd to me, a little ways South-Eest of the old SP yard and a little ways North-West of the old SF yard as they share trackage going South towards Bakersfield.

The first was what looked to be a smaller low nose older road desiel now religated to switcher duties marked 3025, it was in really bad shape as far as the paint and general appearance went, but a real workhorse mechanically it seemed and just doing some local switching. I left to go elsewhere and came back later and sat in the car aways from the tracks and pretty soon I watched two road Locos pulling about 6 or 8 cars going South.

This was the really strange sight to me as the lead Loco was marked as a, 'Florida East Coast in White and followed by an ENR [Egyptian National Railways] which was painted, but fairly weathered with wide Rose, bluish grey & Rose again Horizontal stripes.

Seing those two locos sure seemed strange to me as in years past no foreign locos ran in the central valley.

First time in a long time to do any rail watching.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jan. 14th, 2011
This was the really strange sight to me as the lead Loco was marked as a, 'Florida East Coast in White and followed by an ENR [Egyptian National Railways] which was painted, but fairly weathered with wide Rose, bluish grey & Rose again Horizontal stripes.

David, Got pics???

:D
 
It's 9 here with the windchill. nine. That comes under the heading "Too danged cold". I can't even work on my basement today because it is so cold. I guess I will just be curling back into bed once I warm up.
 
Hiya Mikey, didn't see ya slip in!


Karl- I tend to slip in and out without saying much.
I have a problem with leaving my own footprints in my mouth. I try to THINK before I post things. I don't always succeed, as you may have noticed.:eek:

I had 13*F on the thermometer this morning. An unhappy reminder of my time in Ohio.

Y'all have a good day.
 
Mikey, if its any consolation, it was 14F here this morning, and the back deck snow is barely melted. (its 34F now) The only reason the driveay is clear is because I shoveled it and put down salt. Now I've got a freash blanket of snow in the front yard, punctuated with deer hooprints coming up to the driveway...guess I put a wee bit too much rocksalt down, so they helped themselves to it!!:rolleyes:
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top