ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Hello Jeff,
Nice shots. What is the skinny on this little consolidation? What is the make, etc.? I'm curious...
Digging the O Winston Link look of this image. Nice work.
Here's a B&W of K4s over Hammer Creek. DJ.
getting ready for our open house this weekend. Set up the round house and engine house with some locos with sound. Kinda helps bring the layout alive
DJ..Love the B/W shot!! Was down your way a few weeks ago at "Field Of Screams" Great time!..
Awesome shots everyone!..Love that steamer Jeffrey!
Last couple days I changed this around alittle and poured the first layer of water. More details to add to it. This is my duck under as you enter the room.
Before and After.
My newest Pan Am model, the 609 mec
I've now done done 5 Pan Am units and I'm work on 6,7,and 8
getting ready for our open house this weekend. Set up the round house and engine house with some locos with sound. Kinda helps bring the layout alive
Cool shots!
Whats that steamer with the orange tender? A streamliner maybe?

Hello Jeff,
Nice shots. What is the skinny on this little consolidation? What is the make, etc.? I'm curious...
It's an old USRA 0-6-0 made by Bachmann. It was a 1980's offering with a pancake motor. The motor long since burned out and the axle sleeves on the wheels are cracked. I needed an old steam loco for a certain scene and it seemed to be the perfect candidate. Problem was I didn't have a tender to go with it, so I used a UP Grayhound tender a friend had given me. I sprated them both with rusty metal primer, applied a bit of chalk here and there and added some foliage around it. Some of it is still stuck on the model. Here are a few shots of the model in the scene I made for it.
Josh,
I left you some feedback in your video. I encourage you to keep them coming. I always love "how to" videos.
Nice pictures everyone. I love seeing how everyone models their little world.
Jeffrey, that old loco scene is still your best.
Guys, thanks for the compliments. Being compared to that great train photographer is very humbling. I do appreciate the kind words. DJ.
Cool shots!
Whats that steamer with the orange tender? A streamliner maybe?
Yea, its a Milwaukee road streamliner. Not mine so I dont have any pics of it. sorry....
Jeffrey, that old loco scene is still your best.
Thanks. Too bad that scene doesn't exist anymore. It became necessary to rip up that part of the layout to accommodate the new track plan. There's an engine house sitting on that location now.
Beautiful work guys!
Jeffery - Letting off a lot of steam lately, looking good. Your little 0-6-0 was our first locomotive, found the entire train set at a shop closing up for $15. I bought it for my son for Christmas and the rest is history.
Well I finished my latest project and took advantage of one the last nice days to take some portrait shots. Now to put it on the layout and I will follow up with some pictures then.
Jeffery - Letting off a lot of steam lately, looking good. Your little 0-6-0 was our first locomotive, found the entire train set at a shop closing up for $15. I bought it for my son for Christmas and the rest is history.
I have another Bachmann 0-6-0 that's even older (70's vintage) than that one and it still runs. It originally had an open frame motor but was rebuilt and remotored with a can motor. I picked it up as part of an inheritance. The Bachmann 4-8-4 (fully operational) in my photo from today is one that I picked up at a yard sale for $5.
hey guys, any of you might know what is the engine number of the black UP ac4400cw ? im starting a lil projet on this unit.
hey guys, any of you might know what is the engine number of the black UP ac4400cw ? im starting a lil projet on this unit.
Im not aware of a Black AC4400, but i do know of Union Pacific 6344, which is a Primer Grey unit.
http://www.thedieselshop.us/UP6344-PBieber.jpg
I managed to get another car done this week- this time it is an Athearn airslide lettered for the Milwaukee Road. The car was stripped (started as a WP car) and painted aluminum, the decaled with home-made MILW decals (from Adobe Illustrator), ACI and Lube plates from Microscale, Kadee couplers, airhoses and uncoupling levers- the car was weathered with washes to represent the car as it appeared in the mid-70s.
Matt Holman
Spring, TX
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)