WPF November 12th-

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Since I haven't posted pics in a few weeks, I'll start off this week with a wooden HO scale Feed Mill. I carried away with the details on this one.
Thanks for looking,
D.A.

Feed Mill 1.jpg

Feed Mill 2.jpg
 


A Proto 2000 GP9 that's had its cracked axle gears replaced and a DCC decoder installed. These turn out to be very sweet little locos.

N&W 713.jpg
 
This is the first of many decorations I plan on building for my train room. When you have everything you need it should take no more than 4 hours to build at a cost of around $45.00. I have 2 more signal projects in the works.

search_lite_signal_green.jpg
 
DA ... You're welcome.
JWB ... I like the N&W GP9.
NYC-George ... The signal is a great idea.

Below is Happy Hollow Club, a model I built from a kit made by NKP Car Company. It is a sleeper / lounge car

HHC2_zps3677b1b5.jpg


Below is prototype photo

happyhollowclub_zps5e76c622.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Garry I have a semaphore coming next week. Once you figure everything out their pretty easy to make.
 
Wow great work this week!
I'll post a couple pics from a friend who recently passed away.
I'll start a thread for his layout later this week, we'll be dismantling it tomorrow.
This is my favorite scene on the layout:

image.jpg

image.jpg
 
I love seeing the work posted here!! Here is a new area I finished:

new 003.jpg


And here is my old sawmill being located to my new layout, still landscaping to do around it:

new 004.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!! lasm
 
lasm,

As always, great looking scenes and I really like your old saw mill. I wish I had a layout, large enough, that I could have incorporated industry. Would have loved to have had a logging industry and all that is associated with it. Maybe next time.
 


"Lightly weathered"!!! Looks great. One problem: you are now obliged to bring your entire layout up to this standard...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
DA, Very nice feed mill. Maybe when I get working on the industrial section of my layout I'll have to put one of those in. I pictured in an earlier showin' off thread my expansion of the right side of my layout. I'll include a before and after what the expansion looks like now with the track down. As I mentioned in an earlier post it sure doesn't look like much now but I think it will give me some nice options as to when I put scenery in. Fortunately the left side (up north around the lake) is done so I don't feel like I'm totally starting back at it from scratch.

DSC01011.JPGDSC01133.jpgDSC01134.jpgDSC01135.jpg
 
Chuck, thanks for the nice compliment.

Souleman, thank you too for the kudos. I think your layout is looking good! Rome wasn't built in a day, and if we all could finish a layout in a week, we wouldn't have an excuse to get out of chores! LOL

D.A.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top