WPF August 27 - Sept 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Let's get it started. Hope I have the dates right.

Baker Brothers Full Service gas station on the outskirts of Phoenix

Gas007_zps08ce2ef9.png
 
Larry,

Looking very good! I especially like your roads and how you have done your trees and foliage. Actually, I had to take a second look to differentiate between YOUR layout and your backdrop, that too is excellently matched.

Great start to the week.
 


Holly Molly Larry you did a great job on blending the scenery into the backdrop!
I can just see an old jalopy rounding that corner in a cloud of dust!
 
Don't want to hijack these posts but this seems like an appropriate time to ask, considering Larry's shot above.

Where do you get these great backdrops from and how on earth do you get them to "blend" so darn well with your layouts? Do you buy the backdrops then make your layouts fir the scene, cos that is exactly how Larry's looks, it is so good.

I have an 11' main wall and a 4' side wall that I would love to have one of those backdrops on.
 
I got a couple of those (5630 & 5704) when MTStuff had them at $79. Don't often find someone beating their prices.
 


Don't want to hijack these posts but this seems like an appropriate time to ask, considering Larry's shot above.

Where do you get these great backdrops from and how on earth do you get them to "blend" so darn well with your layouts? Do you buy the backdrops then make your layouts fir the scene, cos that is exactly how Larry's looks, it is so good.

I have an 11' main wall and a 4' side wall that I would love to have one of those backdrops on.

Tony, I got my backdrops from Trackside Scenery. They give you the ability to add a road (dirt or asphalt) to any backdrop they make and you can place the road on the left, right or center. Beautiful backdrops and the printing is first rate. http://www.tracksidescenery.com/index.php
 
Larry,

Thank you for that info. Will take a look now.

I got my photo backdrops from Backdrop Warehouse. They are very high quality, and will print any size. They have a huge selection to choose from.

First I put up the backdrop. Then I added the scenery to match it. The dirt color, type of weeds and grass, the type of trees, etc.
 
Larry, your gas station looks great, and the greenery looks fresh and real. Great job!

Mike, you got a good deal, and they're looking great on the track.

Michael, you did a fine weather job on those cars.

Hopefully before the weekend is out, I'll have a little something to post.

D.A.
 
Havnt posted in a WPF thread in a long while, but here is my contribution..

An overall shot of the storage warehouse for my tire plant facility. Its in the early stages yet, but its coming along nicely. Features a Rail Receiving dock to the far left sidewall, a large roll-up door that will soon have a ramp, followed by 11 truck docks and 2 shipping rail docks on the far right sidewall. Next up is a cardboard mockup/support structure for the rear walls of the warehouse and a roof!

DSCN0389.jpg
 
Josh, that looks like it's coming along nicely!

Another pic of my coal drag I was able to pull around the club with the new units. Yes that's a dummy on the end.

KjO8Kj4.jpg
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top