ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Wow great stuff as usual guys!
Great job on the boxcar Laid off!
Lots of Cascade green too... thanx for thinking about me!
Here's a shot taken from a new friend's layout that features hand laid code 70 rail and tons of scratchbuilt structures:
I got some railfanning done today on the mountain and just wanted to share. It was a short day with a BNSF grain train and the Livingston-Bozeman local being the only two catches eastbound. I was shocked to see #4433 poke its head back out of the tunnel again. I've seen that puppy a couple of times around these parts. Someone needs to repaint that ugly fade.
The guy mentioned it, but heck if I can remember something like that. I know, if you check eBay, Eastern Car Works kits come up from time to time, and they have a decent separate roof.
Atlas O 2 rail CSX box car with load. Weathered with cut levers added. Lots of texture on the wheels and trucks using acrylic paint and weathering powders.
This marks the first time I've actually posted to WPF- although I've lurked it for quite a long time looking at all the great stuff posted every week.
I got around to finishing two more cars this weekend- the first is a custom painted ACFX 33K tank car with home-made decals, Kadee #58s and metal 36" wheels.
The second is an Intermountain PS4750 custom painted for a PTLX owned hopper leased to Woodward Grain of Woodward, Iowa. The decals for the lettering are home-made, and Microscale for the warning label and ACI plates. The car has Plano etched roofwalks, Kadee #58s and 36" metal wheels. If I'm lucky I'll get the airhoses and uncoupling levers put on this one tonight-