ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Looks like another great start to the weekend with that beautiful shot Crandell!
I have completed the module for the needed Merit Award for Model Railroad Engineer - Civil. It will get packed tonight to take to the Meet on Saturday to be judged. I'm hoping that everything stays in guage and works correctly so I can get the Merit Award.....
These are just some quick flash shots. I will get some better ones later.
I started ballasting the yard today. I got some Highball N Scale light gray ballast and mixed it with some dirt I found near my house. I also plan on weathering the ballast with some brown and black washes. It has not been glued yet, so it will be a little darker than the photo depicts.
Hello form England, I've not posted here for Oh so long !!! I bet many wont even remember me ? But having just started a US outline layout I thought I'd look you all up.
A picture taken of some ballasting in progress tonight..
And a picture taken a couple of weeks ago to give an idea of how the layout fits into the garden shed. Along the back wall are the scratchbuilt G scale locos I have been working on over the summer months.
It's a Kadee #119 Whisker Shelf coupler. They'll fit anything that a #5 will fit on. This type is the one that's used on tank cars. Cut the top shelf off it and it's the same as those used on covered hoppers and take it from me, the shelfs work. Unless you have an uncoupling tool, skewer, screwdriver or have the coupler over an uncoupling magnet they're not coming uncoupled in most cases. Once I get my credit bills paid down I'm going to order more.
My Module for the Merit Award for Model Railroad Engineer - Civil got judged today. i was very happy with the outcome! [] It earned the Merit Award, and now I just have to send the paperwork for the Merit Award up through the Region and National for approval. I then can file the paperwork for the Certificate and get it done with......!!!
Here are some photos taken by one of the 2 judges. He got some good close-ups of the Scratch Built turnouts and crossing.
They both had fun running the old Shay through the track and pushing the flat car through (that showed how smooth the track was), I could see from where I was putting stuff away across the room that they were liking it by the big grins on their faces.......