ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Nice work Ray, really dresses up that corner!
Now you'll need Bambi poking out of the tress...
I'm still plugging away at the walls and such, yesterday did a little work on the other part of the basement.
That's Laurel's workout equipment in the foreground, you'll see I have some G scale trains in the cubby holes so slowly making a crew lounge out of the rec room!
Can't wait to get the ceiling in both rooms!
Here is what I have going. I think I finally have the track plan nailed down there will be a 6' x18" extension on the one corner. It is the black river junction plan flipped around to work in my space.
I've been slowly plugging away at getting my Ye Olde Huff 'N Puff Water Tank Car finished. It will be used in either the fermentation or conditioning process of my brewery. I plan on using an old, abandoned tunnel to store beer during these processes.
The hand rails were partially painted ahead of time and will receive final paint touch up after I figure out how to curve the hand rails and attach them and before I put the tank on. I added a couple pieces of plastic to the sides to cover up the fact that none of the wood pieces match. Perhaps it's my inexperience putting wood structures together like this. Either way, I figured I could get away with a few pieces of iron to reinforce the sides.
A test fitting of the tank. I'm wondering if I need to add an outflow valve to the lower side for emptying the tank. I'm thinking about a dry transfer decal to label the tanker. Ideas?
The mounting tabs that hold the front truck in place were broken off so I I ground off what was left of them and made replacements using pieces of scrap nickel-silver rail that I glued on with super glue. After that was dry I put on a coating of JB Weld for extra strength:
And I cleaned and lubed this new (to me) Atlas FP7:
And did some work on this Stewart/Athearn/Proto/Lima Frankenloco C420: