ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Is the weekend yet? I can always tell when it is because my favorite thread of the week appears.
I have been currently (a few minutes every few days) been continuing on the power house. It looked like this after basic gluing the walls together...
Here it was after being sprayed a primer gray for the color of the morter and the start of using a terra Cotta coloered Art Pencil on the bricks:
And... This is the final color. Several similar colors were used to highlight the brick and then the entire outside of the buiding was sealed with Dullcoat.
Still trying to figure out how to do the interior.....
I've been laid off for two weeks now and finished my first rr related project, BN 2753 a GP39E. It looks mostly like a GP30 but there are a few differences that came from its rebuild. They are on the conductor's side though.
I had to take a break from assembling 6 athearn genesis undecorated automax autocarriers. Thankfully there are not alot of tiny parts to these. 2 just need the brake pipe on the side and side ladders. Then they go for primer hopefully tomorrow along with 3 SD40's im working on.
Here's a vid demonstrating the strobe on the old Bachmann I got from Brad, I dummied the engine (took like 15 seconds lol) and left the strobe in place.