ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Haven't noticed much going on in this thread lately so Post 'em if you got 'em!
This is one of the possible track plans for the East Spencer yard on the new layout.
I'm noticing my used ME turnouts aren't surviving as well as my used Peco's so I might be looking at replacing them, some two dozen or so.
Nice weathering job Torsion.
Some progress on filling out the branchline bridges and abutments. I have the two new backdrop pieces cut and ready for paint.
Covered vehicle bridge. The kit I used came from Ebay and was very inexpensive. I added the external wood planking and used Bar Mills shingles. I probably have less than $30.00 in it.
A highly modified Carolina Craftsman Kits Swede's Fix-It Shop. I hadn't really modified a building like this one and the closer you look, the more obvious that is.
Vermont Sugar House. The story is that it was made with recycled wood, as evidenced by the grey, white and red woods. Like the previous two items, this was a highly modified kit. Any guesses what I used?
I'll use prototype photos sometimes. It's a challenge to try to recreate a specific car. Plus it may keep me from over doing it. I find that if I don't have a subject I'll get carried away and do too much. Weathering is a layered process. All the steps need to be in concert with one another.