ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I like Woodland Scenics. I think they make good products, generally. But this, this is just stupid.
http://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/item/s30
FIVE. DOLLARS. For yard debris! Literally, the contents of the package are TRASH. I pay people to haul this stuff away from my house - tons a year.
Now you know where they take it!

One man's trash is another man's treasure.
I agree though, as I have literally tons of this stuff on my acreage, maybe they could buy it from me!
willie
I grow my own sedums to be used for trees, and after seeing Harry Clark's scenery in the Great Model RR Tours videos from decades ago made of ALL natural materials Why spend the bucks? WS Does make nice ground foam and gravels and great little scenes to hide on your layout ( I have "Bare Hunter" and a still scene together in the mountains of SW Va).
Of note, in the eastern forests abut 3 dead trees for every 10 live ones and in western forests 5 trees to every 11. East has more visible deer tracks due to the way dead leaves react in the wetter colder winters.
I like Woodland Scenics. I think they make good products, generally. But this, this is just stupid.
http://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/item/s30
FIVE. DOLLARS. For yard debris! Literally, the contents of the package are TRASH. I pay people to haul this stuff away from my house - tons a year.
Perfect example of recycling


.
At 5.00 you better buy it, cause thats a deal !
I saw the same thing at a Hobby Lobby yesterday for 13.99 !
T.C.
I agree that their ground foam and a few other over priced items are nice. This, however, is beyond ridiculous. I would say that anyone who is involved with the hobby has at the very least access to a public park with a tree or two. But then again, we have to understand that these pieces were selected and packaged according to their scale fidelity and prototypical appearance.

You can find free substitutes all over the place. The fine gravel below came from the gutters on my roof. You can often find fine gravel in street gutters and potholes. You just need to sift it.
Steve S
You cannot blame Woodland for trying to make a buck. If there was not a demand for the product they would not be trying selling it. I am all about using products from around the house rather buying something.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)