Wiring

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


clcurry

New Member
Hi, I have a quick question for you. I have a Circuitron df-1 unit & just purchased NJ International Crossing Signals 1095, diesel horn & grade crossing bell sound modules with speakers. I am extremely new to this & know absolutely nothing about electrical wiring, my question is how do you wire it all together & make it work? I have the installation instructions that came with everything but they mean nothing to me. I have no idea what goes where. Do you have any idea as to how to do this? Step by step instructions &/or a diagram would be great. Thank you so much for any help you can be.
 
I am extremely new to this & know absolutely nothing about electrical wiring, my question is how do you wire it all together & make it work? I have the installation instructions that came with everything but they mean nothing to me. I have no idea what goes where. Do you have any idea as to how to do this? Step by step instructions &/or a diagram would be great.
I would have to read the installation instructions. There isn't a diagram included in the instructions?

Well I just looked it up on line. http://www.circuitron.com/index_files/ins/800-5250ins.pdf
Did you buy Opto-Sensors with it? Do you have a 10-18V power supply for it? The NJ International Crossing Signals advertisement say they come with the resistor so I know you already have that. It is shown in the diagram.

I don't know how these directions for the DF-1 and the included diagram could be much clearer. The only non-obvious thing I see is that the "OUT" output from the DF-1 is what would be used to activate the bells. What brand of crossing bells sounds did you get? If it is Circuitron you are in luck, because those all have an input "C" terminal, so you would just connect OUT to C. If it is another brand like ITT it will take a little research with those installation instructions.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Something of note is the fact that the DF-1 is not bi-directional. It will work fine as long as the train always travels in the same direction. If a train runs through it in the opposite direction, the lights won't turn off automatically. You will have to install the manual push-button to turn them off.

Mark.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top