I invited the wife over to sit on my lap and read all of the posts here for this thread. She got a lot of laughs from you guys. Especially about going silently in your sleep and not screaming like his passengers. I like that one too.
Later
Whoa... hang on a minute! She wasn't the least bit PO'd or anything??
Quick run over to the closet and check for multiple new pairs of shoes!
We'll wait 'til you get back.![]()
Bob said:I like the weathered Cat equipment, but they all seem to make the same mistake...
The blades, buckets and tracks are all painted that nice Cat yellow. Now, I'll grant you, they do come out of the factory painted yellow. But the first 5 minutes on the job knocks all that paint off, and the blades and buckets are very quickly a combination of shiny metal and rust.
Went to Walmart like I said I would. Found the three remaining CAT tractors that were left, Two bulldozers and a road grader @ $9 ea. Can you say mineThey also had four semi trucks @ $3 each that I couldn't pass up. There are three of the green and one black truck. I know they are not my period (1941-1961) but I'm hoping I can get away with using them. Maybe have their backs to onlookers. Any ideas?
My wife walked up after I had them in the basket. She looked in and didn't say a word.I'm set......
![]()
i usually catch the semi cabs int he clearence aisle at wally world - i have the exact same ones. but after i got them home and pulled them out and put them next another 1:87 vehicle they looked a lot bigger - more like 1:72. is it just me or do these semis look bigger than 1:87, not necessarily unusable, just bigger.
I'm just saying this as a guy who has a lot more rolling stock and locomotives than I need or have the ability to run.
*Valentine Day alert guys
Excellent advice, Tom. Toasters don't make good present for any occasion, which I've found to my regret. It seems like a good idea at the time.This thread should be made into a sticky. It's the best laugh I've had all week.
I kind of went a little nuts when I started my layout three years ago. OK, maybe more than a little.When the e-bay purchases started to get up in the four figures, I notices an accumulation of new shoes and purses showing up in the closet. There's a direct relationship between these kind of purchases and train stuff. As long as you have the budget and space in the train room and your closet, have at it.
![]()
