ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Hi,
My 9 yr old son and I are new to HO trains.
We build a big triangular set up in the basement with the controls in the middle.
My son wants to buy automated grade crossing gates and lights.
I saw a post that suggested Birkshire. They have an infrared sensor and flasshing crossbuck package for $60. It looks great but it does not have the automated gates.
Do you guys have any vendor ideas for us?
Thanks in advance,
Peter
Tomar makes some, also look for NJ International
Whatever you do...stay away from Model Power stuff. I was in the same boat. Not much out there to feel touch and fondel. And I hate to buy that kinda stuff on-line (as if there is alot of powered crossings available). My 4 tear old wanted the ding ding ding thing and I figured it would be a cinch to find em....Nope. Good luck and I'll keep an eye on this thread and maybe we can help each other!
My friend Chuck carries the Tomar and also has his custom controller to make 'em work and sound right. (see Signal Circuits>Grade Crossing Pro)
http://www.logicrailtech.com/
Thanks for all the input.
It looks like its a run off between
www.berkshirejunction.com and
http://www.logicrailtech.com/
I think we could get 2 sets of lighted grade crossings for the price of one set that includes the moving gates. I think I have convinced my son to lean in this direction.
We also like the idea of being able to use it in Night conditions and therefore the berkshire junction which includes infrared might be the way to go.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)