ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
There is no hobby shop in my small town, the closest one is a 30 min drive away. So I am limited to buying most my stuff online.
I have searched e-bay and Amazon for things but get very few results. I have gone to manufactures sites like Atlas but can not find much of what I am looking for there.
I am lookign for 1950's era buildings such as houses, a small airport, stores round house, ect.
Try www.walthers.com for a listing of many manufacturers. They are full retail in pricing but you might try your 30 mile away shop to see if they would discount a purchase. Use the search for structures. There are other on line vendors others can suggest.
Try www.walthers.com for a listing of many manufacturers. They are full retail in pricing but you might try your 30 mile away shop to see if they would discount a purchase. Use the search for structures. There are other on line vendors others can suggest.
I know IHC also made a small hanger kit and a pack of 6 planes to go with that airport. You can keep searching as they do pop up every now and then. Also Model Power has a nice HO scale Cessna too.
Here is a list of what IHC made for the Airport series.
2080 SMALL AIRPORT WITH CONTROL TOWER
2081 HANGAR W/AIRPLANES
2084 MOTOR PLANES
2086 *MOTOR PLANES/4 GLIDERS
I would check your local hobby shop thats 30 minutes away. Mine is about 20 minutes away and the prices are right on par with online prices. Plus I get it that day and i'm supporting my hobby shop. If you do find something online that and its cheaper, ask someone at your hobby shop if they'll match the price or come down some on it. Mine has worked with me a few times on train things but won't budge on R/C stuff for some reason.
The 2 train only hobby shops I go to are both a 35 - 40 minute ride. 1 is south of me and 1 is north. Both are highway miles. Both are well stocked and will order in anything they don't stock. Both give a 10 to 30% discount on almost everything. I generally have enough different projects going that I can write up a list and not run out to a shop for one or two small items. Having a Walthers catalog and some mfr's catalogs on my bench helps as I make up a list.
There are 3 hobby shops a lot closer that carry everything from paint by numbers to r/c and their trains items are limited to say the least. I only shop there if I run out of paint or glue.
Also there are a few of the members here on the forum that own hobby shops and do mail order. A pm or email inquiry to them may help you.
I don't mind driving so the 35 mile rides are not a problem for me. Your circumstances may be different of course.
What kind of hangar you looking for? I can do a T or regular gabled hanger. But then how big a door? 40 to 60 ft for light aircraft or anything larger for commercial or military aircraft.
rich
Mr. D....
Hi,
I joined today, to leave you this message. I saw your post on where to buy airplanes. I have an un-started kit with six planes, plastic, molded in white from IHC. If you want them, email me at: [email protected]
my name is rich and on EBAY, my seller ID is: 814pennman
I have some structure kits and some locomotives and some scenery items currently for sale on EBAY. I didn''t list the airplanes yet, so if you want them, please let me know, otherwise, I am going to list them soon. It is International Hobby corp. kit # 2084. you can google it, then offer me a price.
Thanks,
Rich