When to Level Tracks

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


KWValentine

New Member
Everyone,
Hello, buidling a 4x8 Woodland scenics kit. I have created my first two levels and have tested the track. I've noticed there are some areas where the track dips between connectors causing the train to de-couple. Overall the train runs smoothly through the entire layout

My question:
What point should I focus on leveling the track to eliminate these dips? After laying down the bed and track and before adhering to the base?

Thanks in advanced for your response.

Kevin Valentine
McKinney, TX.
 
Is it the River Pass layout? I found great difficulty in decoupling over the bridge with their plans. IMO, the incline they used was too great to suddenly level at the bridge and then start dropping. I still have two cars (inexpensive ones) that still will not make it without decoupling but my nicer cars make it OK now. But, I confess I have not checked to make sure the couplers on those cheap cars are at the proper height.
 
Have you checked to see if the couplers that tie the track together are actually working. Sometimes when you slide the track together at the coupling(track connector) the track will slide under the connector & that will cause the track to droop. Is it the track you're talking about or the couplers on the cars?:confused:
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top