ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Sometimes it can, especially if it's getting ready to rain soon.
That's amazing. I haven't been back in that neck of the woods since I visited my cousin at Frills Corner. I would love to go back there to Railfan the NS Pittsburgh Line.
Well with the brutal winters in Chicago, I tend to be outside as much as possible in the summer. With all the heat and storms we had last week, it seemed like a good time to hide in the basement and get some train time in but the storm knocked out the power for 24 hours. Just my block! It's weird sitting in the dark watching the neighbors across the street watch TV. I think of winter as train time but my basement gets too cold to stay down there for very long. No wonder my projects aren't moving along very quickly.
I just noticed that you are from P.E.I.
Model railroading is more of a non-summer hobby for me due to the heat and having no a/c though I will run my diesels and locos for maintenance reasons.
I have very fond memories as a kid visiting P.E.I in the summers of the late 60s and early 70s. I actually recall seeing trains and diesels somewhere around Charlottetown, but don't recall where. I used to take a small bag of quarters and go to the little hobby shop they had downtown and buy kits and work on them in the evenings.
Cheers
What I find so sad is the fact I paid little to no attention to the RR when I was a kid in the mid 70's - 80's then when the line was abandoned in 89 I never took one picture. Hindsight is as they say 20-20

What I find so sad is the fact I paid little to no attention to the RR when I was a kid in the mid 70's - 80's then when the line was abandoned in 89 I never took one picture. Hindsight is as they say 20-20
Neither did I and my grandfather worked for CN in management!
There is a book called Signatures in Steel by Greg McDonnell that has 6 colour photographs of P.E.I CNR scenes.
I sit on a hot steam locomotive as fireman or engineer all day on the weekends, and if im not doing that im usually out helping with track work or other maintenance needs. Ive been in a cab of a steam engine, where it was 90 something outside and, 120ish in the cab!
I sit on a hot steam locomotive as fireman or engineer all day on the weekends, and if im not doing that im usually out helping with track work or other maintenance needs. Ive been in a cab of a steam engine, where it was 90 something outside and, 120ish in the cab!
Care to share some pics of this?
Thought you might like these. I recall it was over 100 outside and almost unbearable inside.
Cheers
Yes, I will be firing tomorrow. I will take some photo's in the cab and post them tomorrow night.
Yes, I will be firing tomorrow. I will take some photo's in the cab and post them tomorrow night.
Look forward to that.
Today's pictures. First one is of our locomotive, a Baldwin product, built in 1916. Second picture is of me at the throttle. Last photo is looking back on my train heading back to town.
Today's pictures. First one is of our locomotive, a Baldwin product, built in 1916. Second picture is of me at the throttle. Last photo is looking back on my train heading back to town.
Looks great. Thanks for sharing.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)