ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Does anyone out there model the A & L E?
Wayne
no, but a good freind of mine works for them. interesting rail road
I model the W&LE from the days when it was an NKP subsidiary. The reborn regional W&LE looks like it would be an interesting road to model since it's now bigger than it was when it was a Class 1 railroad.
I model the Wheeling & Lake Erie Zanesville Branch from north of Barrs Mills to Coshocton during the N&W era....mid to late 1970s.
I can't say that I model them, but being I love the NKP I will run some of their rolling stock.
I believe there is a new engineer training spot a few miles from my house. Nothing more then a few parking spots, a trailer, and 1 locomotive that moves around the same few miles of track and spur lines.
I don't model the W&LE, but I am going to model one of their SD40-2's, the 6381 in the EMD lease paint scheme. I saw that unit on a rail fan trip in Ohio.
W & LE Medina, Ohio
The W & L E crawls near my home in Medina, Ohio. Neat to see them cross the Riverstyx Road trestle and go thru Medina. Usually hauling hoppers for the plastic packaging plants in the area. Saw two EMD lease engines sitting at the State Rd crossing just north of Smith road. One in red and one in blue. I would like to use this as a theme for our layout. We are slowly moving forward and should be permanantly laying roadbed and track in the near future.
Wayne
Took a look at the colors .They would make a nice addition to your layout .
The W & L E crawls near my home in Medina, Ohio. Neat to see them cross the Riverstyx Road trestle and go thru Medina. Usually hauling hoppers for the plastic packaging plants in the area. Saw two EMD lease engines sitting at the State Rd crossing just north of Smith road. One in red and one in blue. I would like to use this as a theme for our layout. We are slowly moving forward and should be permanantly laying roadbed and track in the near future.
Wayne
Hey there neighbor.

W & L E
I like the way the W & L E winds thru Medina. I can hear it during the summer. They take it pretty slow near us since they are coming off or going on the Riverstyx road Trestle. Quite the sight when you are going under the Trestle
Wayne
For the Wheeling and Lake Erie fans, the "Wheely" is now famous. Check out this months "Trains". Pages on pages, a great article about the Wheeling and Lake Erie.
Wayne
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)