Wheel Corrosion (?), Broadway Locomotives

  • Thread starter Thread starter railandsail
  • Start date Start date
ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Actually I am still a member, just a change in my name. I use railandsail on a number of other forums.

I had a LOT of good photos addressing this problem but can't find them at the moment. I unpacked that BLI N&W ClassA loco the other day, and no new corrosion / discoloration of the wheels has occurred, but the original problem still appears. I had wanted to look at those original photos again.
 
I actually found some of those older photos on an external hard drive I have.
IMG_5611.JPG
IMG_5613.JPG
IMG_5614.JPG
IMG_5616.JPG
IMG_5617.JPG
IMG_5619.JPG
 
I decided to try a little polish. I had some Mequiar's PlastX and some p1200 very fine sand paper. I turned the engine upside down and ran it under its own power. It did a fair job, but I may want to work on it a bit more at a later date.

I took some photos but they did not turn out that good. Will try to get better ones without a flash.

And just to protect the work I did I went ahead and added a coating of no-ox.


Here are some photos of that wheel cleaning effort. It turned out pretty good.
image-20201201201229-1.jpeg



image-20201201201311-2.jpeg



image-20201201201340-3.jpeg



image-20201201201408-4.jpeg



Brian
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top