What's the Difference?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Nice work, Mark. You are the king of shoehorning LED's in the smallest places. :)

Larry, I've bought the Hong Kong LED's also, probably the same place you and Mark are buying from. Never had a problem with them, as long as it wasn't anything fancy, like bicolors. Virtually every LED in use today is made in China so you might as well go to the source. As far as LED's with built in resistors, they really aren't a good idea. It really bulks up the size of the LED. With separate resistors, you can use them anywhere in-line with the wiring, so you have more flexibility in tight spots.
 
Great post. This is on the list of things I have been wanting to study about so I can upgrade a bunch of my locomotives as well. A lot of my questions have been answered already. Especially the Q about sellers out of China, been looking at that too and wondered the exact same thing.

I was always under the impression that LEDs in a locomotive would give the wrong color and look out of place. Sounds like the warm white is what is desired for locomotives. Anything more then that looks too white I would think

Mark G. What size resistor are you using for those locomotive LEDs? Are they the warm white ones?
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top