ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I am working on my first Campbell kit since the 1980's.
Ouincy Engine Shed will house the HH600 on my switching layout. I have cut and applied all of the corrigated siding and done all the wall framing and working on the service pit.
Mike
On my HO workbench..... is a few sets of Plano roofwalks that I haven't gotten around to installing yet, 10 MDC/Roundhouse kits that need to be built, and various assorted freight car parts.

On my Workbench is 3 Ath. Engines torn apart for LED's, Couplers & some TLC.
I'm redoing my whole workshop in the next 2 weeks, so, trying to finish all of the projects before starting this major restructure.

I'm trying to duplicate Walthers Valley Growers Grain Elevator out of a cracker and girl scout cookie boxes. It's amazing how close the sides/sizes of these various boxes are lining up with each other to resemble a decent looking (it'll do for now) elevator. Will post a picture later.
Clutter. That's what's on my bench right now.
Will post a picture later.
Please do. I'd like to see that.

Using it as a workbench for the layout construction right now. Drill bits, bucket of drywall screws, a hammer, couple screw drivers, a piece of cork road bed, box cutter knife, a straight edge/bubble level and a few scraps of 2x4s.
Mike, Looks like that Quincy engine house has been around since the 80's at least. I checked one out when I needed one for PCM&T but it wouldn't fit in my little space allotted. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Jim
I have a GP30 Slug Conversion on my MD workbench and Two 2x4 Modules on my VA workbench.
Mike, Looks like that Quincy engine house has been around since the 80's at least. I checked one out when I needed one for PCM&T but it wouldn't fit in my little space allotted. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Jim
Thanks Jim. It will work perfect for me. I do all of my painting last. Like everything I do, backwards!!!
Mike
Clutter. That's what's on my bench right now.
"Clutter" doesn't begin to describe my work area (my basement work shop/office/family room)!

Right now, my work area looks like someone used it for a 20-megaton bomb test! Trying to clean it up...sorting papers, etc. The last item I used my work bench for was to assemble a Three Brothers Manufacturing Co. kit of a Budd Burlington Route commuter car, which has an extruded aluminum body, cast zamack or pewter ends and underbody details, and a wood floor! I actually bought two of them at a local "toy train" show. The second one has the road names for the Rock Island, which I want to change to match its mate. Because of sharp curves, I substituted Athearn streamline passenger trucks for the kit's. Although I would have liked to body-mount the coupler draft gear, the truck-mounted gear works better, even backing up! Still had to leave off one set of stirrup steps in order to get enough clearance on the end where I use a Kaydee shelf coupler with the medium-length shank. Not sure how I will do the other one when I get around to putting it together.
I'm good with painting last on wood or plastic models. Staining first unless one is really good with glue application. Did you check out my 'final' dock and tipple scene? Jim

I'm good with painting last on wood or plastic models. Staining first unless one is really good with glue application. Did you check out my 'final' dock and tipple scene? Jim
I did and it was simply materful !!!
Mike
soda cans, 3 sunshine resin kits in various stages of construction, tools, paint and alot of resin flash and dust
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.
Got any plans for them White Dumpsters?

I could put them to use if they're excess....

They'll end up as a flat car load sooner or later.
wow thats one neat workbench

All that is on my HO workbench is some cast on detail parts. At 1:87 it is much too small for me to build anything on it. However, on my workshop bench I have the 3rd set of six 55 ton coal hoppers I am painting for another forum member.
Clutter. That's what's on my bench right now.
Same here... Not a clear horizontal surface in sight!
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)