ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
5050 made another trip to the loadout.
I wanted an example of the Lone Star "Treble-o-Lectric" trains so bought the F7 units plus cars shown on an earlier post.
I thought I would stop at that but this appeared and I could not resist it.
Treble-o-Lectric was an early form of N scale on 9mm track to 2mm scale.
The motor is in the tender and uses a rubber band drive similar to early Athearn in the same way as the F7 previously shown.
-
Lone star steam train.JPG
140.8 KB
· Views: 5
-
LS 0-8-0 side.JPG
103.9 KB
· Views: 5
-
Box.JPG
254.4 KB
· Views: 5
-
Lone star wagons.JPG
318 KB
· Views: 5
RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
I don't have any 0-4-0 Hunslets, but I do have Beatrice and have austerity #18 on order...

RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
16" Hunslet Beatrice pulling a tourist train.
Here is my part built Hunslet Quarry loco in 5" gauge live steam.
There is a preservation site about 5 miles from me which i believe holds the rights to the Hunslet name and can produce full size Quarry Hunslets to the original design to order.
This is called Statfold and often has open days when as many as 20 2 ft gauge locos including Mallets and Garratts can be seen in steam on the track.
RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
Man, you are big time! in both senses of the phrase. Very impressive!
RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
Running my newly acquired Japan Government Railway C11 190 and the Showa Era Imperial train. The Showa Emperor was Hirohito who reigned from 1926 to 1989. When the Emperor was onboard, the flags in front of the locomotive would be unfurled and the chrysanthemum placard get placed on the locomotive and the Imperial carriage. The locomotive was decked out with a lot of silver and white lining as well as the green number boards. The C11 was just one of the many differing types of locomotives used.
RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
JNR ED16 pulling some freight. The headlight fix is working well as I had to install a fiber in to replace the missing light runner on that end.
Gomez Addams
Staff member
No pics right now, but I ran my "newsed" Kato SP F unit trio after putting knuckle couplers on it,
I'll edit in a pic later.
RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
Newly acquired Rapido 16XX Pannier Tank engine.
RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
C11 190 pulling the Imperial train with another C11 for backup.
Mantua 2-8-2 with DCC, Sound, Keep Alive and can motor.
Moving to train shed, passed up by Kato RS-2 consist.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)