What loco is this?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


hamltnblue

Active Member
Hello All

Today I was in a Philadelphia High rise when I saw this picture in an elevator lobby. To me the pic looks like temporary track was being laid to transport the loco across a portion of the town. I figured I'd share and wonder what loco it is. Note this is a picture of a picture.

OldPhillyTrainPic.jpg
 
a google/bing search of stuffed-n-mounted steamers in the Phili area might provide a start.
 


More research got me this: The transport of a retired 225 ton railroad locomotive down a street in Philadelphia, PA at the rate of 4 feet per minute until it reached its final resting place as a historical exhibit in the Benjamin Franklin Memorial Museum in 1933.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top