What is happening to the Forums?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


G'day Wombat , I've not been doing anything with model rail all through winter. It'd be 6 weeks since i even contemplated turning on a train..Looking forward to warmer weather when Spring springs in a few weeks ..My progress is the equivalent of Donald Trump's IQ..Non existent.... I can't believe he could possibly win but I do believe I'll get back to my layout and by definition back to our amazing forum way more often..Cheers Rod..
 


Hey Rodney ...

Good to see you again mate and you weren't working on your layout over winter, must have had a pretty mild winter huh. That being said, sometimes it is good to take a break so not to get bored with things.
 
I'd forgotten my password, as I used to stay logged in all the time. For a long while, I didn't know how to request the administrator to reset my password, until just recently.

In addition to that, I changed jobs at my current workplace, back in March, and have been putting in long hours at work. Add to that, that my M-I-L is 90 and living with us, + she has a 92 year old sister, who lives about 2 hours from us, and although she lives by herself, she is in somewhat declining health, and that hasn't left much time for trains, or being active on this forum. Additionally, the last couple of years, with a new house, myself and my wife have spent a lot of money on our house and property, which has included running up some bills on my credit card, and this year, I've tried to cut back my spending, to reduce the amount of debt I/we have.

Over the last couple of years, I've had some conflicting feelings about which scale to focus my modeling efforts in. I started out with Lionel 027 as a young child, and was switched to HO as a kid by my parents, 'due to space limitations,' HO has been it for me since I was about 10 years old, although I continued to occasionally bring out the O trains, and after I graduated from college, debated about switching to N scale. Since dating my wife and getting married about 5 years ago, she's taken to the larger O trains, which I've spent a decent amount of money on. I've been torn between creating my dream layout, the Philly & Scranton, which I've posted about in the Layout Construction pages about, or 'switching' to O, as between the difficulties several HO manufacturers have had over the last couple of years, rising prices of HO supplies vs O prices holding steady, getting older, in some ways generally liking the larger models better, I've been torn between which scale to focus on.

I can relate to many of the other comments made here.
 
if you are posting than you are not working on the railroad. Now go to your train room.

<grin>

I keep telling myself that, even though there's no layout, but lots that needs doing to engines and rolling stock. Keep getting drawn back here. Here I am at 12pm after promising to have an early night. Heeeeellllpppp!!!
 


Toot'n,

Look on the bright side though, as a public servant (cough cough) you get:

every weekend off
six days
annual leave
all bank holidays
all government holidays
strike days
the right to do nothing if you don't want to
you can hide behind an obscure rule if something doesn't suit you
you can't be fired
you can take personal days off

Heck, when all's said and done, you'll only have to post stuff for about 4 months of the year :)
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top