What If! Florida East Coast SD80mac

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


For the FEC blue I would suggest starting with Mopac blue.If it isn't dead on it is damn close.
 


I really wanted to use Tamiya paint but was force to use scale coat II which takes forever to dry and not very durable, seems to chip very easily
 
Scalecoat II when applied correctly is one of the most durable paints, along with Scalecoat I, on the market. The only reasons for it to chip would be inadequate surface prep, or poor application of a primer if used.

I've used both types of paint since they've first been on the market, and they have rarely given me a problem.
 
Scalecoat II when applied correctly is one of the most durable paints, along with Scalecoat I, on the market. The only reasons for it to chip would be inadequate surface prep, or poor application of a primer if used.

I've used both types of paint since they've first been on the market, and they have rarely given me a problem.

I washed the shell with plain soapy water, Tamiya white primer, thanks for the input:)
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top