Cjcrescent
Master Mechanic
For styrene to styrene, I use MEK, Testors, Tenax, etc. For wood to wood, I use Mercury's thick CA. Small detail parts, their super thin CA, which is applied with a small wire. You never try to apply any "thin" CA directly to a model, via the applicator.
For tough "opposite material" situations, like having to glue rail to a bridge that has wood ties, I use Goo. The Goo is applied to the bottom of the rail, and after placing into position, the rail is heated with a soldering iron, that cures the Goo immediately. The joint stays flexible, but won't break down due to expansion or contraction.
For tough "opposite material" situations, like having to glue rail to a bridge that has wood ties, I use Goo. The Goo is applied to the bottom of the rail, and after placing into position, the rail is heated with a soldering iron, that cures the Goo immediately. The joint stays flexible, but won't break down due to expansion or contraction.
