ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
'Tis a new weekend and a new Month. Time we got a new thread for photos going don't ya think?
I have added more details to the Engine House I am building. Last week the interior looking in the main doors looked like this:
This week the same general area looks like this:
I added some scratch built spud bars and Gandy Dancer's tools to the corners to add to the tools already sitting there:
Still have some more to do inside before I put on the rest of the rafters and the roof.... (Half the roof will be removable so i can show folks what is inside...
Ray, that is amazing modeling. Where in the world did you find so many great details?
Switching the scrap yard while a K4s passes on the main. DJ.
Very nice photo and scene Gramps. Lots of nice work there.
'Tis a new weekend and a new Month. Time we got a new thread for photos going don't ya think?
Still have some more to do inside before I put on the rest of the rafters and the roof.... (Half the roof will be removable so i can show folks what is inside...
This is way cool! What scale? Larger than HO by the looks of the details.
Ray & Jay WOW! I am humbled by your work. Ray that is amazing! Thanks for giving me something to shoot for.
Ray, I think you have more pieces of detail in that building than I have on my entire layout! It almost makes you want to put a plexiglass roof on it!
Jay, I like how the puddles show up in the light. You've done a great job showing that it rained recently.
Thank you folks for the kind words. It has been a fun little project that I hope to have finished in the next 3 weeks (so I can take it to my NMRA Division picnic for "show and Tell"). It will be judged for a Merit Award soon after that.
Alan... It is in HO.
I have to figure out a way to make some scratch built sand filled Fire Buckets to hang on the wall. They are the old cone shaped ones. Then the inside will be pretty much finished. By the time it is done there will be over 1100 hand cut pieces of scale wood in the building.
How about a little something different? A few HO trolley models?
Bowser PCC cars:
and
Bachmann trolleys, the Peter Witt car and the Birney Safety car:
Con Cor's Air Electric PCC:
And some brass. A Chicago Surface Lines Brill:
And a Sacramento Northern Niles Car. Still working on this one.
All have working trolley poles and can be run on either overhead wire or off of two rail track like our regular trains. All either do have or will have DCC.
I will not give up the SP for these, but they are fun to experiment with and you sure can cram lots of layout into a small space. The PCC cars will go around a 5 3/4" radius curve. I may have to do a trolley module or two!
How do the pcc cars work on dcc with just the overhead wire for power if you work it that way?
Simple! With regular models you have left rain & right rail (red & black). With traction using overhead wire you have the rails and the overhead wire (red & black). Wiring is actualy simpler. No reverse loops, so no reversers needed. Just block it however you want. Most layouts have more than one power district.
ok so both rails would be a positive and the overhead a negative or vise versa?
You got it! And since you don't ever switch polarity, no autoreversers required!
I just finished weathering a couple of cars I just got, and added log loads, for my saw mill industry I'm working on right now.
Ray, that is amazing modeling. Where in the world did you find so many great details?
First off, DJ, your modeling is always an inspiration to me! The scrap yard is wonderfull!!!
Many of the "details" are from Scale Structures Limited. That includes the Engine lathe, Drill Press, Milling machine, Planer, and Table saw. they are all belt drive kits. The belt drive equipment came with the kits as well as tools needed fro them. Some of the miniature tools came from GC Laser. Other items came from Evergreen Hill Designs, Durango Press, Alexander Scale Models, and Miniatronics Corp.
Some other tools, all the workbenches, Saw horses, lumber piles, track bumper, the electric motor in the workshop, electric boxes, and the extension ladder were scratch built by me, myself, and I collectively.
Thank you for your kind words!
I did a little weathering too.
The flat decks didn't show well in the available light...too lazy to set up my whole rig

. No loads yet...still thinking about which ones I want to use. I experimented with the "recently replaced boards" look. Not sure if I like it or not

I like those flat cars! The 'new' boards add a nice touch.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)