Weekly Photo Fun 8/14- 8/20

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my new Kibri Liebherr LTM 1025 mobile crane. I've been working on it since yesterday. Its a kit, but it went togeather amazingly fast & easy. There's a number of parts that are not glued for two reasons, use, and future paint & weathering. I've left the cabs unsecured, so I can paint & weather the model a little more, before I install the cab glass. The boom sections (4 stages) are not glued in, so I can extend the crane. The hydraulic boom also is left unglued to allow for raising an lowering. The jib boom is left unsecured so I can place it on the end of need be. Stabilizer legs are loose, with the short raised versions inserted in this photo, the model also comes with long lowered versions, for use when the boom is extended... The underframe has been dusted with some brown, and the extended legs have been as well. I plan to spray the boom internals with a very thin layer of oily black, to look like grease, as well as the legs.
 
Here's a couple of test shots. What's layout and what's backdrop. Wow!

DSCN1682.jpg


DSCN1683.jpg
 


Joash, that's going to be a nice looking crane when you're done. Thanks for the compliment on the patrol car. If there's anything I should be able to get right, it's a police car. :)

Jeffrey, I'm jealous. That's one of the nicest looking back drop to layout transitions I've seen. I really can't tell in the first picture where the backdrop begins except it looks along way off. Good job.
 
D&RGW Jack's Cabin water tank was finished this afternoon. Have to say that the piece is "CUTE". The model is of an actual tank built by the D&RGW which held only 9,600 gallons (their standard tank held 50,000). Note also that the ladder has a door on it to keep people out, and the concrete foundation is smaller then the bottom wood foot. The last shot shows Jack's Cabin next to the body of a standard D&RGW tank.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
 
Here's my new Kibri Liebherr LTM 1025 mobile crane. I've been working on it since yesterday. Its a kit, but it went togeather amazingly fast & easy. There's a number of parts that are not glued for two reasons, use, and future paint & weathering. I've left the cabs unsecured, so I can paint & weather the model a little more, before I install the cab glass. The boom sections (4 stages) are not glued in, so I can extend the crane. The hydraulic boom also is left unglued to allow for raising an lowering. The jib boom is left unsecured so I can place it on the end of need be. Stabilizer legs are loose, with the short raised versions inserted in this photo, the model also comes with long lowered versions, for use when the boom is extended... The underframe has been dusted with some brown, and the extended legs have been as well. I plan to spray the boom internals with a very thin layer of oily black, to look like grease, as well as the legs.

Josh, I think this is the same kit as your doing. It was fun to build.

100_2379-1.jpg
 
Josh, I think this is the same kit as your doing. It was fun to build.

100_2379-1.jpg
Sure is! Nice work. I was planning to do mine up in Liebherr yellow & gray, but opted for the stock white & blue, to match a future acquisition of the NZG Grove cranes...
 


Matt, even my wife thinks Jack's Cabin looks "cute" so you've done something right. :)

Jerome, is there anything you haven't built a model of? :D I know blue and white is going to be the correct color now but that yellow and white just looks..I don't know...more constructiony, somehow. ;)

Jeffrey, stop fooling around with those patch jobs and get back to work on that back drop. I want to see more pictures. I just had an evil thought. I wonder what would happen if you posted your work and that backdrop on another forum we both know under a different name? Think many would guess it was you?
 
Jeffrey, stop fooling around with those patch jobs and get back to work on that back drop. I want to see more pictures. I just had an evil thought. I wonder what would happen if you posted your work and that backdrop on another forum we both know under a different name? Think many would guess it was you?
I posted a couple in the Diner there. If it's ready this weekend I'll sock it to 'em in the WPF.
 
O scale Como depot on the C&S circa 1899. This is going to be my entry in the model contest at the National Narrow Gauge Convention. I am detailing the freight room but not the rest of the interior. Note the scratchbuilt scale thickness freight doors in their tracks. The last shot shows some of the baggage that is going into the freight room including the start of one of the cages of chickens.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models
 
Jerome, is there anything you haven't built a model of? :D I know blue and white is going to be the correct color now but that yellow and white just looks..I don't know...more constructiony, somehow. ;)

Jim, lots of things still to build!!! :) Here's one I finished tonight. It's 2 BLMA Cell Phone Tower kits combined into 1. The kit comes with a 41' tall pole, which is way to short. So I used a 110' pole and added both antenna stands to it.

100_4495.jpg
 
Matt, I'd vote for that station. My wife thinks the chicken crate is the cutest. :)

Jerome, that will be a nice detail when you get it on a layout. It's not often seen, even on modern layouts. Now, if you really want a challenge, mount anouther platform above the last cell phone antennas for land mobile antennas like VHF and UHF commericial antennas for businesses and public safety. That's how most cell phone companies make a good chunk of their profit.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top