ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I don't know, Jim, It looks like you're getting some great shots with that new camera. Boy, chain link fences can be a bear to make and install. I'd love to see a close up of the dog biting that guy's butt!
I got that truck at the H.S. at Strasburg. It says Smart Toys-1998, made in China on the bottom.
Ray, that scene is really looking good. Your eye for details like that are outstanding.
Jerome, that genset and tank look real. Nice modeling!DJ.
Dan, First Response makes some real well-detailed vehicles for a good price in 1:43. I wish they'd make some 1:87 models. What's the story with that company named Brooklin? I know 1:18 is more expensive but $105 and almost all the paint schemes are wrong aither don't have the right details or have them in the wrong place? I would think people shelling out that kind of money for a police car would demand a better model than Brooklin produces.
Jerome, I'm not sure the outhouses would pass OSHA standards but those gensets and diesel tanks will make for some nice MOW equipment. Are those outhouses cardstock?
Thanks, DJ, I think the extra lighting and new camera helps. I even read the instructions this time. Now that I've finally found my table top tripod again, I'll get a shot of Rex chomping away. Chain link fences really are a pain and one of the things I dread building. Since the specs for most industrial chain link fences are about the same, I'm surprised no company has come out with a kit where you just roll out the fence and drill some holes for the support posts. Seems like it would be easy to do on a plastic molding machine and would sure save a lot of grief for me, at least.
Jerome, I'm not sure the outhouses would pass OSHA standards but those gensets and diesel tanks will make for some nice MOW equipment. Are those outhouses cardstock?
What's the story with that company named Brooklin? I know 1:18 is more expensive but $105 and almost all the paint schemes are wrong aither don't have the right details or have them in the wrong place? I would think people shelling out that kind of money for a police car would demand a better model than Brooklin produces.
I don't spend that kind of money on a car, but they are handmade & handpainted in England. Made in white metal. Very limited production. In otherwords, "thems for lookin', not for playin with"
As for why they appear to have problems getting it right... I can't say but you would think that the collectors would not buy them that being the case.
Jim Great looking scene there--Rodney is sure gonna be a sore butted guy when he's released from that predicament!! BTW the overall downtown scene looks really nice!
Ray The scenery is looking better everytime I see it! Love the dead trees
I don't spend that kind of money on a car, but they are handmade & handpainted in England. Made in white metal. Very limited production. In otherwords, "thems for lookin', not for playin with"
As for why they appear to have problems getting it right... I can't say but you would think that the collectors would not buy them that being the case.
BOC, thanks, poor Rodney just never learns that razor wire and police dogs hurt...but I guess that's why he's a frequent flyer. My downtown is almost complete except for a few more details. Wait, I've been saying that for more than two years. I guess us detailers never get done.
Dan and BOC, I guess Brooklin must be like that outfit that's always sendng me stuff in the mail to buy Christmas trains. The quality of the vehicles looks good and maybe only a retired cop notices things like me, but the CHP never had a light arrangement like the one shown and the SFPD's light arrangement and color scheme is complete fantasy. It also show an electronic siren on the fender. Weren't too many of those around in the 40's and 50's. I'm sure they'd look great in a display case to anyone who wasn't a retired California cop saying "Hey, wait a minute...". I sure do like those First Response vehicles though. Great detail and very inexpensive for 1:43. I'm going to e-mail them and bug them about making some 1:87.
Jeffrey, nice job on that building. The only thing I'd change is take a little paint thinner on and old brush and streak up that roof rust a little more.
Jeffrey, nice job on that building. The only thing I'd change is take a little paint thinner on and old brush and streak up that roof rust a little more.
Great modelling!! Everything looks fantastic!! Here are four Atlas units in the RDG paint scheme.No. 5201&5202 are factory painted with details and weathering added.Units 5209/10 started as undecorated models.Units were painted with SCII paints,MS decals,detail parts and weathering added.
Jim: Great looking town scene, nice that it appears to be more than the typical one street town on the average layout.
A couple of pieces that I am working on for the convention next month. First up is the D&RGW Jack's Cabin water tank, at only 9,600 gallons it is "cute as a bug" and looks like a fantasy but really was built. Next is a shot of a Victorian house copied from the superintendents house that I built last month. This one is slightly larger with a bigger bay window.
Chris, those are some nice engines and a really nice scene. The roadbed looks just right, a little overgrown but not buried in weeds. The billboard and underpass both add to the interest. Nice job.
Thanks, Matt, it's a typical Southern town built around a courthouse square so it has a little more variety than some business districts but also takes up a lot more space. That water tank is a beauty. I'll be interested to see how you finish the victorian house.
V&AL, not much really, added a light bar with a green command post light, a couple of extra side and front warning lights, some boxes of supplies in the back, and a couple of drums of Jet-A and a hand pump for the helicopter. This is to refuel the state helicopter when it's on a mission since Hillside County doesn't have one of its own. I wish it had a drop down tail gate so I could set up a map table and a place for an ICS org chart. It's on my list of things to try with one of my other C-10's to see if I can make it work.
For you sadistic types, here's a close up of Rex taking a bite out of Rodney while he tries to make it over the fence.
This is Hillside's latest patrol car, Unit 10. Hillside only has two units but the Chief thinks 10 sounds better than 2.
Hummm, thanks! I wonder if the generator parts for the Thrall Lo-Pac's are the same parts? I have plans for the 40-45-45-45-40 kit, so I'll have those parts spare.
Jim, love that patrol car! It just gets better every time you post it!