Weekly Photo Fun 7/31- 8/6

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Interior was put into the room behind the bay window. Porch swings are scratch built from scale 1x2's and some 40 link chain.
 
Even have some bird "poop" on the roofs along with scratch built large lightning rods. 2 holer was modeled with one of the doors open and full interior including a couple of catalogs.
 
Even have some bird "poop" on the roofs along with scratch built large lightning rods. 2 holer was modeled with one of the doors open and full interior including a couple of catalogs.

Incredible especially the interior. Very inspiring.
 


P1010058.jpg
 
Today I did more work on the Schultz's Garage kit. The doors and windows have all been put in. Maybe sometime this week I'll get a chance to join the walls.

DSCN1561.jpg
 
Cool! I will be looking forward to your entries and the photos of the other guys stuff! i wish I could go! Someday I will plan for a trip to go. That is one of the most incredible shows I have seen via photos on their website....a lot of talented guys and ladies!
There's other meets as well...

There's 3 on the west coast, one in Socal, on in Norcal, and one in the Pacific Northwest. St Louis hosts a BOG one every other year, and it seems there's a new one in the midwest (KC IIRC). There HAS to be one somewhere on the east coast...

Seems there's one in Savannah...
http://www.westernprototypemodelers.org/links.html
 
Yup, Sept 19th. Just requested the 19th & 20th off from work.

Josh,

I'm gearing up for that show with trying to get some entries ready. Maybe we can make it a point to introduce our selves there. I'll probably have about 6-10 engines that I will be entering. I want to make sure I enter ones that I have painted myself.
 
My latest scratch built - a 200ft Pegram through truss automobile bridge over the yards. Been playing with the design for about 3 months and finally decided on a single span rather than a 2-span structure. A unique feature of the Pegram is the top chords are all the same length. From what I was able to dig up, there are only about 7 of them left in the USA. I visited the one in Ohio about 2 months ago to get some detail shots. The primary difference between a RR and auto bridge is the number of stringers and the size of the members. The Ohio auto has 6 stringers where as the RR in Utah has 2. I was not able to model the members that are made up from 4 angles and diagonal webbing. That was just getting too small in HO scale, so I used box beams instead. The bridge will go where the plywood strip is in the left foreground.
 
Josh,

I'm gearing up for that show with trying to get some entries ready. Maybe we can make it a point to introduce our selves there. I'll probably have about 6-10 engines that I will be entering. I want to make sure I enter ones that I have painted myself.
Remember, WPM is not like the contest room at an NMRA convention. Its more a meeting place to discuss the models and work on improving them (provided you want the help).

The raffle requires the purchase of tickets. The models themselves are not judged for prizes, at least they were not last year...

In any case, stuff you painted yourself is always awesome! I'll be bringing out a number of unfinished models again, some of which I displayed last year, and actually got something done on...
 


Nice selection of pics this week, guys. I've been gone so I don't have the time to comment on each one but the WPF threads just get better and better. Jeffery, I picked up one of those fire chief cars too, for parade use. Those building kits should be a test of the steadiness of your hands - they ain't easy to build and paint.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffery,

I have the Post building and the angled entry building also. The angled entry builing is a pain to get everything to line up right but it sure does look nice once together. Looking forward to seeing your finished photos of those buildings.

Chad
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top