Weekly Photo Fun 7/31- 8/6

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


wheeler1963

Wheeler's Trains
Well let me kick this weeks fun off. I've been working on this one a while now, but I kept it under wraps. I wanted an EJ&E switcher, but I didn't care much for the green SW1500 paint scheme that they use. So, with a little modeler's license, I came up with this. :cool:

100_4450.jpg
 
I think this building built for LEGO gauge is the perfect model to complement an HO 'spot'. Here is a shot of my CSX GP40-2 without handrails (probably since I got this when I was younger; I was really wishing for an engine), and my two Walthers CSX Cars, a Big Blue and a 72' Centerbeam Flat.

This is where I consider myself "starting from", HO-wise. The CSX Geep is not DCC ready, and I have many more cars, but most of them might be in the selling line since I do not intend to keep them. I'll post them in the For Sale forum sometime later.
 


Finally almost finished my Scratchbuilt Container Crane this week. Gotta come up w/a better track idea than rails.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Very colourful pictures, fellas. Nice modelling, and very colourful.

In my contribution after a couple of weeks away, I show a highly unlikely meet. On the main, a UP TTT-6 thunders past a rumbling and waiting, futuristic, SD-75M from the Santa Fe. As each engineer stares at the other machine and make eye contact, they think, "One of us is dreamin'!"

:D

IMG_5222sharadj.png


-Crandell
 


C&S Superintendents house is coming together nicely, still some trim to add especially about the bay window and the interior needs to be completed in the parlor. Scratch built a pair of wood porch swings today, one for both the front porch and the back porch, they are hung with chains and swing freely.
 
Now a question, does anyone know of a source for trucks like these, ie with a large motor wheel and a much smaller idler wheel. The photo is of an overturned trolley in 1911.
 
My first structure after returning to the hobby after a ten year absence, and my first attempt at a (mostly) styrene project. It's not quite finished....still needs downspouts and eaves brackets. I'll add a station sign when I decide where it's going:)
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top