Weekly Photo Fun 7/24-7/30

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


IMG_0148-1.jpg

Just wondering if this was airbrushed or did you use weathering powders?
 


It's time for the least glamourous building, only portrayed in the cityscape medium of LEGO bricks... :P

This is a building across NW 1st Avenue from the tracks. Boca Raton, Florida.

3773082584_a803383dd7_o.jpg


Enjoy. :D
 
Worked mounting the house to the base and building the porches. Chimneys are resin castings from Raggs to Riches. Railing on the front porch was cut from the center of Grant Lines picket fence.
 
Just wondering if this was airbrushed or did you use weathering powders?


I use a combination of powders and airbrushing. The powders to highlight and grime up certain areas more than others, and the airbrush for an overall fade, even layer of grime/dust, and then finally to dullcote.
 
I use a combination of powders and airbrushing. The powders to highlight and grime up certain areas more than others, and the airbrush for an overall fade, even layer of grime/dust, and then finally to dullcote.

Looks really nice. When you say Grime and Dust did you apply them separately or did you mix them together? I have not used it yet but I did buy some dullcote. I assume you thin the dullcote with lacquer thinner but what ratio do you use. Thanks again.
 
I used grimy black for the air intake grills, and light gray very dilitued for the dust. Applied seperately and then some very thin earth color for the chassis and side frames. I use dullcote from the bottle, thinned 50/50 and even 60/40 sometimes with laquer thinner. I did apply weathering powders before any of the colors were applied with the airbrush inorder to to give the loco a uniform covering of dust and grime.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top