Weekly Photo Fun 6-4/6-10

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Crandell I have to do some kicking up on some learning curves if'n I can even get half as good as that B&W!! And the modelling!!

Ray You create great pix AND story lines for them.:D:D I'm wondering about a workshop on that idea---HMM
 
As usual some very nice stuff guys!
I haven't done much this week but did manage to put mirrors on a Wally World Peterbuilt. Now if I could just finish one scene for photos...
 
Zak, nice job on that GP-35. MRL sure did collect a lot of castoffs from almost every railroad in the country.

Rico, at least you got some mirrors put on. That's at least twice as much work as I did on the layout this week. :)

Alco, I like story lines with pictures, especially if you're running your own shortline. Gives it a little more character.
 


Starting off this week with some standard, non-hacked locomotives:



WSOR SD-18 (custom build from an Athearn BB) running light meets a WC SD-45 trio on a caboose hop:

DSC05509.jpg


DSC05513.jpg


DSC05510.jpg


DSC05514.jpg


perfect timing at the grade crossing:
DSC05515.jpg



Disclaimer: My units, shot on the Albemarle Railroad Club layout

Nice looking WC and WS units.. the WS runs about a 1/4 mile from my home. Just last night I was chasing a 10pm freight along Rt134 in round lake. they always look clean and washed unlike some of the bigger fleets around here
 
I finished up two projects this week, both of them Southern, what a suprise! Here are some pictures!!
IMG_7026.jpg

n1355552641_30190457_4247897.jpg

n1355552641_30190458_832277.jpg
 
Nice models, Smoke. Too bad the NS didn't keep the tuxedo scheme. It sure looks a lot classier than the prancing horse. :)
 
Great Stuff!

Sweeeeet! :D

Great stuff as usual guys!

Thanks for sharing and keep them coming :)
 
Been doing a bit of scenery (including roads)
Not quite presentable yet:mad:, but here's something.
Almost done with the building in the background too (- sorry for the poor quality -:mad::mad:)

200967011_Grass.JPG
 
Here's something that's been giving me grief: CN Canadian Cab.
It should have not, but it did:eek:

I got a kit for the Canadian cab a while back (found on-line -out of production now-)
before Railfyer came out with their amazing one piece cab and super detailed photo etched parts.
Talk about bad timing from my part:mad:
The one I got came in many pieces that needed assembling (but without windows, number boards, grabs etc..)
It was quite an experience, requiring lots of putty!

To make a long story short, after lots of filing, cussing:rolleyes: etc. I got it done.
I decided to salvage it as best as I could and installed it on
my SD40-2 (-undecorated-) for my fictious short line SL&C.

I recycled the windows and lots of part from the conventional cab that was on the original model.

It's not quite finish yet, and it does look good from a distance, but from close range its not that great[V]

2009670921_Loco%201.JPG
 
Here's an overall view of the loco in Chambly
(it's missing a rear number board and the cab "shades" for now. I'm thinking of adding
the radio anthena and A/C on the cab.
20096701933_Loco%202.JPG


The overall "SL&C" color I chose turned out ok.
.
I also started the weathering process.:D

20096702018_Loco%203.JPG
 


20096702833_Loco%204.JPG


I apinted and weather the trucks and wheels too.
20096702929_Loco%205.JPG


I am making decals for it and will post more pics of my progress a bit later.



.
 
working on a couple of scratchbuilt locos recently

shuntercomplete5.jpg


shuntercomplete.jpg



SDC13138.jpg



and now inspired by some Perurail locos a much bigger project is underway in the workshops


SDC13170.jpg


John
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Taking a break fom scenery and kitbashing the SD40-2, I ran an eastbound CN unit train. Here it is as it approaches St-Hyacinthe.

200967123235_CN1.JPG

.
200967123448_CN2.JPG
 
The trucks and wheels of the [TLT] Slab Side covered Hopper have been weathered

200967123810_CN4.JPG

.
.
200967124022_CN5.JPG
 
Nice modelling, fellas! Love the images. :)

blownoutcylinder, thanks so much for your positive feedback earlier. :D It means a lot to me.

-Crandell
 
A different view

Hi Fellas,
Here's a different view on life

comp22.jpg


A look inside
comp23.jpg



Cheers, Simon
 
Nice interior on that salon, Simon. Is that HO or O scale?

MLW, looks like you've been busy. Nice weathering on both of those engines. Where did you get that guard rail? I need some of that.

John, looks like you've been sucked into the darkside of...Frankenengines :eek: Good looking scratchbuilding work though.

Jeffrey, are those AHM/IHC kits? I think I built those once. They are great kitbashing material.
 
MLW, how do you like the Slab side cars. I was interested in getting one or two, even though I don't think there are many left on the rails now.
 


UP2CSX


MLW, looks like you've been busy. Nice weathering on both of those engines. Where did you get that guard rail? I need some of that.

Thanks.

The guardrail? Here:
20096718224_Busch.JPG
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top