Weekly Photo Fun 5-6/5-12

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


STEEL!


IMG_1184_edited.png
 


Ted,

First off nice shots. Second, how ever did those rocks did a great job. Very realistic! Third, tell me about your third engine the SD45. Is that a new Athearn unit? I just placed an order for my 3 MRL SD45 from Athearn from Josh on here.

Yes, that was the new Athearn SD45 #368, which I received only a couple days ago. For whatever reason, only two of the MRL unit numbers made it to our shores. I'm still waiting on the #371 to come into stock so I can order it.
 
How do i upload images to the post from attachments?

Manthan
I suggest you remove the S curve and the turnouts.
The turnouts aren't doing anything since the train you're running has cars that are all larger than the sidings.
The S curve looks neat but makes you run slower to prevent derailing.
 
Manthan
I suggest you remove the S curve and the turnouts.
The turnouts aren't doing anything since the train you're running has cars that are all larger than the sidings.
The S curve looks neat but makes you run slower to prevent derailing.

The S curve allows for the long stright stretch.
And the if the turnouts werenot there then the straight stretch would have to be 2 straights shorter.
 
In other words you didn't have enough straights.:) Been there and done that. When you do have enough an idea for the turnouts would be to allow for another track going around the end.
 
If you're referring to the structure to the right of the wall mounted pay-phone, that's an item a lot of folks wouldn't recognize these days. It's a transparent phone booth.
 


I waited something like 15 years for someone to come out with the small acid tanks used for hauling sulfuric acid. So I was very pleased when Athearn announced them a while back. The cars are very nice with a plethora of fine detail. I recently acquired two of the Procor cars which are high on my list of must have cars. I finally got around to weathering those two Procor cars plus another I acquired earlier. These photos hardly do the weathering job justice, but since it is not sunny outside, I cannot do better at the moment.

attachment.php


attachment.php
 
My work certainly isn't up to the level of that very well done stock car or those tank cars, but here's a couple of photos I took last night:

P1011611.jpg


P1011614.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I finally finished the benchwork for my extension room layout. Next is laying down the 2" foam base.

P1000165.jpg


P1000166.jpg


And the track plan.

MOTLEY33YARD.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Heres my Life Like GP60 that I have been working on, just need to decal the number boards. Was a EMD demonstrator that I stripped, redetailed, and repainted with Scalecoat. I wish it could now consist with others locos, damn Life Like.




IMG_0837.JPG
 


Heres my Life Like GP60 that I have been working on, just need to decal the number boards. Was a EMD demonstrator that I stripped, redetailed, and repainted with Scalecoat. I wish it could now consist with others locos, damn Life Like.


Very Nice. I love these P2K GP60 and have three. Two of which were on the trailer train on the first page of this thread. They match up perfectly with my Atlas GP40-2 that has a Tsunami sound decoder. I've also run them with Athearn SD45T-2's and didn't have any noticeable problems.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top